Pre match thread

roonst83

1 hour ago, smg said:

Hause plays a few minutes and that’s all it takes for some on here to decide he is shit. Villa fans the twelfth man I don’t think so some do more to boost the opposition.

Visiting teams should award the Holte End their man of the match award.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, John said:

I would play both Mings and Carroll. No Bacuna on their side this time, unfortunately. Does he think that playing for Cardiff represents playing European football perhaps?

Me too.

The last thinks we need is all our signings except kalinic being bench warmers, otherwise what was the point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Me too.

The last thinks we need is all our signings except kalinic being bench warmers, otherwise what was the point.

I think if Mings is fit he plays, DS said in the interview yesterday that Mings was ready to start.  

I don’t see Carroll starting this one as he is only back from injury. 

Need another win, get some momentum. 

Absolute must win today. Reading are the weakest side we'll play for a while. If we're to have a realistic chance of making the play-offs we'll need to string 3 or 4 wins together this month, otherwise I fear we'll be left on the periphery as the season rolls on.

Rode our luck last week and I'd take the same again today if we get the 3 points. Have to start building momentum and then depend on a fit Jack to do the rest.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

If they're good enough, they'll play. Nothing else to it.

My point is, if they aren't good enough we shouldn't have signed them, and we should likely have tried to sign someone else.

Will see let hope they are.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

My point is, if they aren't good enough we shouldn't have signed them, and we should likely have tried to sign someone else.

Will see let hope they are.

Yes, let's hope so. It may be better not to expect it though.

Win this and could be 2 points of playoffs. After Wigan I’m not really sure what to expect anymore away from home. 

I also saw Reading miss a last minute penalty v Leeds which would have made it 1-1 so today won’t be easy. 

My heart says we’ll win. My head says we’ll draw. 

Just hope we put in a performance today, and everyone puts a shift in, no safety first hiding, it's that that undermines the high press and the movement required to play the passing game we're trying to play. The result should take care of itself after that. They've shown they can do it, we just need to find some balls and commit to playing that way again and we can get a run going.

• Like 3

Such a pity Grealish isn't fit yet, I think with him in the team and the new signings we would see our true potential.

I think it could take a few weeks before we start seeing what our capability will be for the rest of the season. (Aka Grealish back and Mings/carroll/hause up to speed and fit)

• Like 1