Match Thread: Villa v Hull

limpid

As I was saying before being rudely interrupted by Chester scoring

What the hell has happened to our attack minded team. Two games without a shot at goal. Tammy getting zero service.

Seems as if something has gone on that we are not party too. Massive pay cut ? or complete change of tactics that were working 

Please tell me what Bjarnason brings to the team? He never really wants the ball, is always just a little late to close a player down or make a tackle, and I never see him sprint anywhere. Total liability.

As for Bolasie, he should not come out for the second half. Offered nothing in attack and doesn't work hard enough in defense.

Add Green and Davies and go 4-4-2. Bolasie and Bjarnason should not come out for the second half.

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

As I was saying before being rudely interrupted by Chester scoring

What the hell has happened to our attack minded team. Two games without a shot at goal. Tammy getting zero service.

Seems as if something has gone on that we are not party too. Massive pay cut ? or complete change of tactics that were working 

Shitting themselves, hiding, playing the safe ball, not making the same runs.

Just now, PompeyVillan said:

I think my expectations are adjusting to become more realistic. Our recruitment has been horrendous, for years, we've signed players that did well somewhere else but from teams that were all too willing to sell their players to us. 

It's been a poor performance, but where do you see the spark coming from?

Bring Green, Davies and Hause in for the second half. This season is a write off due to hopeless seasoned professionals. Let's invest in the future. 

Oh let's also take a lead from horse racing where they euthanise hopeless runners and put Bjarnason out of his misery. It would probably make quite an entertaining half time spectacle. 

(I joke of course). 

We could play the half time pass game with the squad, yet instead of a year supply of Pukka Pies they win the right to not have their contract terminated.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Fire up the cloning machine at half time. Come out in the second half:

Steer; McGinn, McGinn, Chester, McGinn; McGinn, McGinn, McGinn; McGinn, McGinn; Abraham.

Chester would never work in that formation, put McGinn in that spot

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was so excited when Smith joined, and the first few games were terrific. I had a half season ticket in the basket at one point, that was a bullet dodged for sure.

We ignored he's defensive record as a coach, we made a terrible mistake.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

We weren't great at the back when we were playing defensive football under Bruce. I'm not surprised we are worse trying to play a lot attacking style. We need about 6 new first teamers at least.

The summer will see a big turnover, hopefully we nring the average age down from 29 to nearer 23ish...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Wasn't it a drop ball though? Think that would have pissed us off if it was Hull playing it like Conor did.

iirc we had the ball, Hull decided not to contest the drop ball. What’s Hourihane supposed to do, smash it back to Kalinic for an almost certain own goal?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's something rotten with this team.

It's like they're playing sh*t on purpose.  I have a thought on this ..... let's just say person A is doing something with person B who should be doing said thing with person C and it's happened before..... 

I've just read pages of vitriolic abuse of all things Villa which reminds me why I usually don't join in on the match thread.

We've discussed previously that Taylor and Hutton are costing us two goals a game on average, and that continues. Having to score three goals to get something out of games is a huge ask!

With two good full backs we could be leading this match 1-0. I bet Purslow and Suso are working their arses off to bring in the full backs we desperately need.

We know what needs to happen .... so does Smith and Co.