Match Thread: Villa v Hull

limpid

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Apparently Hourihane booked, WM comms saying he did absolutely nothing.

More quality officials.

Been lousy all season, doubt its going to get qny better, they need a shake up.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

He's squared up to one of their players and grabbed his shirt, hard to argue with the yellow.

Ah ok, radio must have missed that!

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Got surrounded and pushed around by Hull players.  Pushed one of them away, rightly, and got a bizarre yellow.

I  didn't see how it started, but he had his fists full of the Hull Player's shirt and was squared up to him before the other players got involved. 

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's mitigating factors at play for how bad we've been in the last couple of months, but there comes a point where you have to ask questions. There's something seriously wrong here.

Has been for years. We're cursed. So may false dawns.

"This Croatian fella looks really tall - he'd be a great signing in goal."

"Sure, but what's he like at getting down to low..."

"HE'S REALLY TALL!"

"Yes but all the same, when a cross comes in, is he able to..."

"LIKE REALLY, REALLY TALL!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Hull captain and one other ran over to him and were pushing him in the chest.

Yep, he just stood up for himself, would have been nicer for the cavalry to arrive sooner but at least Chester told them to bollocks.

Well, let's hope that goal turns out to be important. I think it has got the crowd back on side, it could have been pretty damn toxic at the end of the half.

It's been  a dreadful 45, though. I can't see where another 2 goals are coming from, but we'd be 8th as things stand if we  can find them.

I think my expectations are adjusting to become more realistic. Our recruitment has been horrendous, for years, we've signed players that did well somewhere else but from teams that were all too willing to sell their players to us. 

It's been a poor performance, but where do you see the spark coming from?

Bring Green, Davies and Hause in for the second half. This season is a write off due to hopeless seasoned professionals. Let's invest in the future. 

Oh let's also take a lead from horse racing where they euthanise hopeless runners and put Bjarnason out of his misery. It would probably make quite an entertaining half time spectacle. 

(I joke of course).