Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Anyone else love how Unai pronounces his name?

Love .To be fair commentators constantly pronounce Martinez wrong as well as Kamara (they pronounce it camera) 🤣

Edited by gwi1890

Really loved how he was taking up the inside position yesterday. Something that has been missing from his game this season. He was receiving the ball and either laying it back or turning tk drive forward play the ball out wide. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Really loved how he was taking up the inside position yesterday. Something that has been missing from his game this season. He was receiving the ball and either laying it back or turning tk drive forward play the ball out wide. 

He needs a goal just to calm him down a bit.  My only criticism of him yesterday was that he was trying a bit too hard to score.  Once he's got a goal in him then he'll be a bit calmer in those situations and more likely to either hit the target or spot the man in a better position.  But lots of encouraging signs that he's getting very close to his norm / best.

Amazing how well we managed to do without him in the first half of the season. He brings an energy and running power with the ball that no one else in our team does quite the same way. Maybe Bailey does similar, but Ramsey get us up the pitch and runs ahead of the ball in a way which is quite unique in our squad.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

Amazing how well we managed to do without him in the first half of the season. He brings an energy and running power with the ball that no one else in our team does quite the same way. Maybe Bailey does similar, but Ramsey get us up the pitch and runs ahead of the ball in a way which is quite unique in our squad.

Ramsey and Moreno down our left were a key pairing second half of last season.

We haven't had them available as a pair for the first half of this season (not to mention Mings, Buendia etc) yet for some bizarre reason we aren't allowed to say Villa have had injury problems all season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Ramsey and Moreno down our left were a key pairing second half of last season.

We haven't had them available as a pair for the first half of this season (not to mention Mings, Buendia etc) yet for some bizarre reason we aren't allowed to say Villa have had injury problems all season!

They're still not upto speed yet. Moreno is still half a yard short of pace compared to before his injury. Both are still adjusting to adaptation of our style.

The right ide seems to be firing now. If we can get the left side back to what it was last season, then we are going to be giving out a lot of hidings. 

• Like 2

Still amazed at that assist for our second. Had every right to take a shot there but was patient enough to put that pass on a platter for Douglas. For a young player to be that advanced mentally tells me we haven't even begun to see how far Jacob can take his game. 

On 25/02/2024 at 23:02, Rightdm00 said:

Still amazed at that assist for our second. Had every right to take a shot there but was patient enough to put that pass on a platter for Douglas. For a young player to be that advanced mentally tells me we haven't even begun to see how far Jacob can take his game. 

I really hope we don't end up having to sell him. The team should always have at least "one of our own".

• Like 1

On 26/02/2024 at 04:41, Philosopher said:

They're still not upto speed yet. Moreno is still half a yard short of pace compared to before his injury. Both are still adjusting to adaptation of our style.

The right ide seems to be firing now. If we can get the left side back to what it was last season, then we are going to be giving out a lot of hidings. 

Moreno won't get that pace back he's the wrong side of 30.

30 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

what, 8 months. 

Sounds like Logan's Run 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

Not necessarily. After a hamstring surgery like he had that is often true. But a lot it is mental.

Also hamstring injuries are common amount sprinters for example, but most get back to running just as quick. The demand on footballers are different as they need flexibility and endurance not just straight speed. As a result it tends to take longer to get fully up to speed.

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I really hope we don't end up having to sell him. The team should always have at least "one of our own".

I just can't see us moving him for anything other than a Jack like offer. Even someone who has never watched football before can look at Jacob play and see he has "it".  That's what Dean saw and had him starting 20+ PL games as a 19/20 year old.  We have proven very astute in the market under NWSE. Moving Jacob would be twice as dumb as letting Albrighton walk for free. We aren't that club anymore. 

15 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I just can't see us moving him for anything other than a Jack like offer. Even someone who has never watched football before can look at Jacob play and see he has "it".  That's what Dean saw and had him starting 20+ PL games as a 19/20 year old.  We have proven very astute in the market under NWSE. Moving Jacob would be twice as dumb as letting Albrighton walk for free. We aren't that club anymore. 

It seems some in the media are under the impression that for us to stay on the right side of FFP rules, Ramsay is the prime candidate for being sold.

I would hope you're right, as soon as I first saw him playing for the youth team, I could see he had something different. He's only going to improve, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It seems some in the media are under the impression that for us to stay on the right side of FFP rules, Ramsay is the prime candidate for being sold.

I would hope you're right, as soon as I first saw him playing for the youth team, I could see he had something different. He's only going to improve, that's for sure. 

Most of the media know that Ramsey is "one of our own" and so any rumours about him are going to have Villa fans reading their story and responding to it.  There's also a fair few who would be delighted to cause some friction in the Villa camp and for our season to fizzle out so that Man Utd qualify for the CL.  There is no way that anyone in the mainstream media has knowledge of which players we might sell (for FFP purposes or not).  The BBC publish 15 transfer rumours every single day of the year - most of which don't lead to transfers.  It's just noise that makes people like us read what they have to say.

4 hours ago, zab6359 said:

I thought he was looking his old self in the last game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allani said:

Most of the media know that Ramsey is "one of our own" and so any rumours about him are going to have Villa fans reading their story and responding to it.  There's also a fair few who would be delighted to cause some friction in the Villa camp and for our season to fizzle out so that Man Utd qualify for the CL.  There is no way that anyone in the mainstream media has knowledge of which players we might sell (for FFP purposes or not).  The BBC publish 15 transfer rumours every single day of the year - most of which don't lead to transfers.  It's just noise that makes people like us read what they have to say.

Well if he does go, the blame will be firmly laid at your doorstep. 

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Well if he does go, the blame will be firmly laid at your doorstep. 

OK.  When he stays I'll take the plaudits.

Â