Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

And the “it’s only Conference League” comment on the coach. 

What incident was this?

We all know footballers aren’t the brightest,  to make it at this level all you have done all your life is play football.  The mind doesn’t get worked on so much. 

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What incident was this?

We all know footballers aren’t the brightest,  to make it at this level all you have done all your life is play football.  The mind doesn’t get worked on so much. 

Last day of the season, after we beat Brighton...on the coach they were passing by fans who were celebrating and JJ comments "it's only Conference League" only to get berated by Konsa. Was pretty funny, he was joking obviously.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Might be a bit petty but him liking Ash Young's 'Into the next round' Instagram post after knocking us out, irritated me a little.

Needs to have a word with the people who manage his social media.

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Last day of the season, after we beat Brighton...on the coach they were passing by fans who were celebrating and JJ comments "it's only Conference League" only to get berated by Konsa. Was pretty funny, he was joking obviously.

It was actually arriving at Villa Park before the match and seeing the crowd waiting for the coach.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Yorke81 said:

It was actually arriving at Villa Park before the match and seeing the crowd waiting for the coach.

Indeed, it was, and I did find it a tad disrespectful due to the numbers that turned out early to welcome them into the ground

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What incident was this?

I agree - I’m sure the kid wasn’t trying to cause insult to anyone - maybe one of the senior pro’s e.g Tyrone or SJM could pull him to one side - but nothing more imo 

4 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I agree - I’m sure the kid wasn’t trying to cause insult to anyone - maybe one of the senior pro’s e.g Tyrone or SJM could pull him to one side - but nothing more imo 

Konsa did tell him to show a bit of respect tbf.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Jeez. Talk about taking things out of context. Jacob probably meant ‘ look at the turnout’ for possible qualification to the third tier European competition, imagine what it would be like for Champions League!

However fan’s are happy to jump on any miss interpretation and beat him or the club with. This lad has more affiliation with the club than most of us. He’s born and bred Villa and been with the club since a kid .

For God’s sake give the lad a break 

You know we are bored when this is the type of nonsense we are latching on to.

JJ is probably a couple bad performances away from being a " judas " now 😂

I actually think he meant what he said with his “only the conference” comment, but again it wasn’t anything worth complaining about. It’s just a mindset thing.

Jacob is a very promising young talent who has a good chance of playing for England and in the CL at some point during his career. I’m sure getting into Europe is something he’s happy about - but a huge crowd coming out to celebrate them (potentially) getting into the competition below the budget version of CL? Probably seems a bit much to an ambitious player who regularly gets to play against CL clubs in the PL anyway.

But it’s very different to a fan. We can’t get into the CL by playing well enough that one of the top CL clubs buy us; we’re Villa for life. Getting into Europe of any kind is a huge turnaround for our club and means a lot to the fans.

Not everyone is self-aware enough to see things from other people’s point of view. Konsa evidently is though, so good for him.

Edited by Panto_Villan

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Indeed, it was, and I did find it a tad disrespectful due to the numbers that turned out early to welcome them into the ground

Even if the is how he meant it, I'd cut him some slack, there are a lot of potential ways to interpret it and it was a comment he thought was being made in private.

Â