Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Physically, he’s a beast. I imagine him and Watkins could go out and run a marathon today without breaking a sweat. 

There are some elements to his game that need improving, like, I think he can go missing at times, but he’s already developed into a solid PL player. Just how good he will become, remains to be seen but his ability running with the ball and driving towards the opposition is superb. 

• Like 2

We are very lucky to have him and behind him Tim . 2 freebies in many ways who have the ability to play through the lines with pace and stamina. That ability costs alot of money as its quite rare. Pace of a winger or forward with the guile to negotiate their way through a midfield. 

On 13/12/2020 at 11:39, Sulberto21 said:

Once he gets physically stronger (he's pretty strong already) he's going to be our most important player. Already has a lot to offer. 

Without wanting to derail a different thread. I Still stand by this. Under Don Unai his game is going to go to another level. Tactically he’s going to become even better. Positional sense will also improve with the management we have now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2023 at 06:10, HalfTimePost said:

Not the sort of stats I expected to throw up JJ as a top midfielder in the league if I'm honest!

Interesting...we usually talk about what he contributes to attack, and I've never really rated his contributions in defence, but obviously he's doing more than most of us have noticed.

He’s a little below his normal level, but he’s played under 3 coaches in 2 years, and the last one messed things up for us. Let’s see him settle under Emery, let’s have consistency in our coaching, and then we will know what he is made of. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChesterDad said:

He is half decent - but nothing too get carried away by.

He will have a good but not great career imo 

Yeah I've never got the hype. He is a decent player and I think he can play at PL level but he won't be international quality or go for big money. 

53 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah I've never got the hype. He is a decent player and I think he can play at PL level but he won't be international quality or go for big money. 

You'd be surprised. Was mentioned in a report that Liverpool stats had him ideal for their system so if they don't get Bellingham in the end he's on their list as a backup.

Long way off that though on present form but we saw a year ago what he can do at prem level over a period of months.

• Haha 1

Â