Kortney Hause

Sam3773

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

with a loan to buy option, what happens if he performs well and we want to buy him, but he performs well and someone else wants to buy him???? (if its a prem team for example, could he just say no to us and go to them??)

If so....a loan to buy isnt quite as good as it sounds???

I think it's a bit like we've spat on him. 

We get first dibs but if we change our mind someone else can wipe him down and have him. 

I guess you pay a higher loan fee which forms part of the signing fee if you take him. 

59 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

On the one hand, we desperately needed another CB and preferably a left sided one and we needed a bit more physicality in Axel’s absence. That’s the positives.

The negatives, well there is only one really it’s a loan. Obviously they’ve been keen to point out the existence of the clause but that really offers little guarantee or comfort in my view. 

Lets face it, it’s not a loan like Woods from Brentford to Stoke designed to beat transfer rules.

Weve loaned this lad for one of the following reasons, we can’t afford him, we aren’t sure about him or Wolves aren’t keen to sell him right now.

Even if we have a clause enabling us to buy him for a set price come the summer so what? If we don’t go up and Wolves decide they want him back and he fancies playing in the PL that is what will happen. Or if a PL club come in for him it’s doubtful he is going to sign for us.

The only way it works for us is if we have a clause that enables us to activate a permanent move that doesn’t need to be negotiated with club or player. I will be surprised if we have that.

So good we’ve added him to the squad but I’m not at all convinced, yet again, with how we are acting in the market.

Ive really had enough of loans and instability.

Whilst we're in the Championship, loanees will always be a big part of our squad, imo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Whilst we're in the Championship, loanees will always be a big part of our squad, imo.

It shouldn’t have been and need not have been but we’ve wasted a huge opportunity to rebuild or take advanatage of the opportunity and advantage we had.

As a result I fear you are right.

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was thinking that. Surely we have first refusal so he is as good as being our player unless we decide otherwise. 

So why not sign him now you might ask? 

Maybe there’s a lot of unfinished business to be down so the funds are to be used for that...

I think it's (a) sensible business in case we decide we don't want to buy him, and (b) I suspect it's more than a little to do with which financial years certain deals fall into.

1 hour ago, villatillidie1980 said:

Really pleased with this!

Although I thought I heard that he was carrying a foot injury - anybody know anymore?

not sure if serious ?

Surely we havent signed a player who is injured ? not heard this anywhere else ?

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

not sure if serious ?

Surely we havent signed a player who is injured ? not heard this anywhere else ?

i also heard/read that he is carrying a foot injury or there was concern about a permanent transfer, because of a historic foot issue/injury.

Not sure of the truth behind it, could just have been media click bait, dunno.

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

not sure if serious ?

this was a quote from a Daily Mail story:

"Aston Villa are discussing a revised deal for Kortney Hause.

Wolves want around £3.5million for the defender but he is understood to be carrying a foot injury. 

Villa will assess the 23-year-old's fitness to confirm whether he is deemed capable of making a contribution to the season."

no idea of the truth behind it.

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i also heard/read that he is carrying a foot injury or there was concern about a permanent transfer, because of a historic foot issue/injury.

Not sure of the truth behind it, could just have been media click bait, dunno.

He must be fit....surley to god with our shortcomings at CB ..we wouldn't take up the wages of a player who isnt ready to play.

especially on loan !

pretty sure he will be available for saturday.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

this was a quote from a Daily Mail story:

"Aston Villa are discussing a revised deal for Kortney Hause.

Wolves want around £3.5million for the defender but he is understood to be carrying a foot injury. 

Villa will assess the 23-year-old's fitness to confirm whether he is deemed capable of making a contribution to the season."

no idea of the truth behind it.

Not buying it. Bringing in a injured player on loan...to (in part) cover for injuries to Axel and Chester ..would be bizzare in the extreme.

He will be a starter from now on IMO

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Not buying it. Bringing in a injured player on loan...to (in part) cover for injuries to Axel and Chester ..would be bizzare in the extreme.

He will be a starter from now on IMO

yeah i hope you are right.

Although, i would imagine he will need time to get up to match sharpness, so i almost doubt he will be starting immediately? (he hasnt played many if any first team games recently)

Â