Kortney Hause

Sam3773

I understand the general frustration with our over-reliance on loans but I think in this case a loan to buy makes the most sense. The guy has barely played at all in recent seasons and I get the impression that he's only being brought in for depth anyway. We need another centre back because we're so short in the position numbers-wise as opposed to quality, which is more of a pressing issue at full back (both sides) and defensive midfield. I'm all for saving some money on loaning Hause in for cover (plus the option to buy dictates that we'll be signing him anyway should he be good enough), while left back/DM take priority in terms of permanent signings (...and possibly a striker but I'm trying not to tempt fate 😥).

On the one hand, we desperately needed another CB and preferably a left sided one and we needed a bit more physicality in Axel’s absence. That’s the positives.

The negatives, well there is only one really it’s a loan. Obviously they’ve been keen to point out the existence of the clause but that really offers little guarantee or comfort in my view. 

Lets face it, it’s not a loan like Woods from Brentford to Stoke designed to beat transfer rules.

Weve loaned this lad for one of the following reasons, we can’t afford him, we aren’t sure about him or Wolves aren’t keen to sell him right now.

Even if we have a clause enabling us to buy him for a set price come the summer so what? If we don’t go up and Wolves decide they want him back and he fancies playing in the PL that is what will happen. Or if a PL club come in for him it’s doubtful he is going to sign for us.

The only way it works for us is if we have a clause that enables us to activate a permanent move that doesn’t need to be negotiated with club or player. I will be surprised if we have that.

So good we’ve added him to the squad but I’m not at all convinced, yet again, with how we are acting in the market.

Ive really had enough of loans and instability.

• Like 3

Back again. Delighted to see Hause go out to someone, more so you guys. Even under Nuno he has looked decent during his brief spells in the cup last year. He seemed to get caught out by high direct play his way for us, but that was during our struggles and didn't seem to have those issues during his limited appearances last season. Hope he does well and you buy him as a few have mentioned. He was the better of the two from Iofra and Hause when you saw them for the England youth sides I always thought. 

I'm pleased with a loan with an option to buy because I'm not sure about him, he's unproven and has barely played for Wolves. 

It is the sort of transfer I expect us to do, and I support it, we need players with something to prove, that can improve and won't cost a fortune. 

Welcome and good luck.

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

On the one hand, we desperately needed another CB and preferably a left sided one and we needed a bit more physicality in Axel’s absence. That’s the positives.

The negatives, well there is only one really it’s a loan. Obviously they’ve been keen to point out the existence of the clause but that really offers little guarantee or comfort in my view. 

Lets face it, it’s not a loan like Woods from Brentford to Stoke designed to beat transfer rules.

Weve loaned this lad for one of the following reasons, we can’t afford him, we aren’t sure about him or Wolves aren’t keen to sell him right now.

Even if we have a clause enabling us to buy him for a set price come the summer so what? If we don’t go up and Wolves decide they want him back and he fancies playing in the PL that is what will happen. Or if a PL club come in for him it’s doubtful he is going to sign for us.

The only way it works for us is if we have a clause that enables us to activate a permanent move that doesn’t need to be negotiated with club or player. I will be surprised if we have that.

So good we’ve added him to the squad but I’m not at all convinced, yet again, with how we are acting in the market.

Ive really had enough of loans and instability.

The biggie for me is the option to buy, that's something.

• Like 1

As I said earlier in the thread my Wolves mate thinks he's unlucky not to be playing for them and could play in the PL. 

Thinks he's a great signing for us which is good enough for me. 

I'm confused !! I have just watched his 4 minute video and he looks very good playing against Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc in front of big crowds yet he hasn't played this season and Wolves haven't played theses teams for years before!! Am I missing something?

Edited by pintpotvilla

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I'm confused !! I have just watched his 4 minute video and he looks very good playing against Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc in front of big crowds yet he hasn't played this season and Wolves haven't played theses teams for years before!! Am I missing something?

any player can be made to look good in a 4 minute "best of" video, proof will be in the pudding as they say :P

If you did a 4 minute "best of" vid, of Kodjia, Hutton etc, Barcelona would be all over them.........

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

any player can be made to look good in a 4 minute "best of" video, proof will be in the pudding as they say :P

Yes agreed but my point is When did he ever play in these games?  Are they photo-shopped?

I don't know why everyone is complaining about this being a loan.  If the kid turns out to be a diamond in the rough, we have a fixed fee already agreed for him.  If the coaching team doesn't rate him this season, he goes back to Wolves and we pass on overspending on a dud.  Either way, we now a have a left sided CB who can fill in at LB, instead of Hutton in both roles.  Welcome, Kortney!  UTV.

• Like 4

Â