Kortney Hause

Sam3773

Welcome Hauseman! It's always exciting with new signings. Haven't seen him play, but looking forward to seeing him.

By the facts so far, I'm not fully convinced that he is someone we need right now. I would have preferred a proven Championship defender. He has played 10 times or something like that over the last 18 months, is young and doesn't have that much experience. I think we often see with young inexperienced players that they need time and often have misstakes in them, with our position in the league we can't really afford that. I guess he is signed as a squad player, back up to Chester and Elphick (and Tuanzebe when he is back), but he must nevertheless be ready when called upon.

If he's one for the future I'm happy with that, but why would Wolves let him go if they had a diamond on their hands, at 23 they have had much time to assess him.

Allthough I don't think so, I hope he is signed to play left back, I kind of like the idea of center backs playing as fullback to strengthen the defence, like Mellberg did towards the end. Especially tall one's who can contribute at set pieces. From what I've read he can play a bit too and is a good on the ball, so perhaps he could fit well in there.

Hopefully Dean Smith will help him fulfill his potential and bring the best out of him!

I imagine he may start with Elphick at the weekend as Smith said Chester has been carrying a Knock. Think there could be a song in that Cb pairing as well from the Commadores. “Cause it’s Elphick Hause”.

Â