Pre Match Chit Chat

Nigel

I would probably go for (assuming Thor, Lansbury, McGinn and Adomah are still injured);

Nyland

Hutton   Tuanzebe   Chester  Taylor

Bolasie  Hourihane  El Ghazi

Grealish            Kodjia

Tammy 

it’s the inverted Christmas tree of attack!

No idea if El Ghazi is up to starting, but worth finding out I think, and could be a good player for us.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Always feel a bit special when the league's 2 biggest clubs play eachother.

I would Leeds and probably Derby, and possibly Wednesday,  as bigger clubs than Forest imo

Tough game tonight, injuries are piling up. Chester is a worry if he gets injured before January. Clearly not fit on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would Leeds and probably Derby, and possibly Wednesday,  as bigger clubs than Forest imo

Forest have won more major trophies than all of them

Everyone is talking about Leeds, but what have they actually won? Not alot, same with Newcastle

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Forest have won more major trophies than all of them

Everyone is talking about Leeds, but what have they actually won? Not alot, same with Newcastle

3  league title for a start compared to Forest who have 1.  Yes Forest did win 2 european cups which was amazing and will never ever happen again for a club of that statue. Leeds did get to the European cup final bt lost in the 1970s. If the same logic was used for that then you would say that Villa are a bigger club than Arsenal which clearly has not been the case since Herbert Chapman rocked up to Highbury from Huddersfield. 

In terms of support, stadium size, and time spent in the top flight  and the fact that they have been successful in different eras with different managers, Leeds are the bigger club. Even if they are dirty.

Edited by The Fun Factory

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have a bad feeling about this one.  :(

I would of under the previous manager. " Forest are a wonderful team, very dangerous, outstanding manager, we are showing shoots of recovery " Dean Smith doesn't use this language. He makes it about us. As it should be. Let forest worry.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, villan-scott said:
33 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Anyone else think it might be useful if we had a chart with the attendances minus the travelling away supporters?

100%. The bar chart is worthless without. 

No problem.  I couldn't get it to host properly so here's a link.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I would of under the previous manager. " Forest are a wonderful team, very dangerous, outstanding manager, we are showing shoots of recovery " Dean Smith doesn't use this language. He makes it about us. As it should be. Let forest worry.

Ron Saunders all over again

• Like 1

If McGinn is still injured, I'd probably take the chance on O'Hare. A bit harsh on Whelan but Hourihane was so ineffective until he dropped deeper on Sunday. Unlikely Smith will actually do this so I'm expecting another poor Hourihane performance if he's played further forward. 

Anyway, tough game tonight. I think score draw. 

I had a Bet365 bet builder bet on Sunday - Both halves to have the same amount of goals in, Villa to win, Both Teams To Score and Kieftenbeld to be booked. Towards the end of the game I was furious with the ref for not booking Kieftenbeld for that challenge on Jack at the start of the game. Luckily, Kieftenbeld obliged in the 91st minutes to get me my winning bet at 80/1. 

Tonight, I'm going Villa to win by 2 goals, both teams to score & Abraham to score anytime - 16/1. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Farlz said:

If McGinn is still injured, I'd probably take the chance on O'Hare. A bit harsh on Whelan but Hourihane was so ineffective until he dropped deeper on Sunday. Unlikely Smith will actually do this so I'm expecting another poor Hourihane performance if he's played further forward. 

Anyway, tough game tonight. I think score draw. 

Interesting, O'Hare and Grealish centrally 3/4 up the pitch could be amazing, I think McGinn gives us a bit more physicality than O'Hare would but still those two you'd think would run rings around most teams, get them both in between the opposition midfield and back 4 and they'd cause havoc. Can't see it though, prob be Whelan behind Grealish and Hourihane.

Be nice to make a different kind of statement to Sunday tonight, boss the ball, calmly control the game, come away with 3 points rather than the full throttle hecticness at the w/e.