Pre Match Chit Chat

Nigel

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd agree. That game was awful and it was one of those from the first 5 minutes you could just tell we were going to have a bad night.

I was there. We were crap. Don't know why bruce said we played well. We didn't at all.

We seem to have a lot of home games midweek

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I was there. We were crap. Don't know why bruce said we played well. We didn't at all.

We seem to have a lot of home games midweek

To be fair I don't think that was one of the games where Bruce said we played well.

Pretty sure that was the game where he said we were poor and that he should have made some changes, but decided to keep the team the same after the big Wolves win.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair I don't think that was one of the games where Bruce said we played well.

Pretty sure that was the game where he said we were poor and that he should have made some changes, but decided to keep the team the same after the big Wolves win.

That’s correct.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah i think your right now you mention it as I remember him saying he should have made changes after the wolves game . I think im thinking of a different game. Let's hope they have learned from last year

Yep he did. Played a half for Huddersfield the first season we were relegated. It was the game where we were leading by a goal and Gollini kicked the ball against one of their strikers in the last couple of minutes and it looped into his own net. Drew 1-1 I believe.

Anyway Lolley had a pretty quiet game and got injured towards the end of the first half and got subbed for the second half as a result.

In fact I think that may have been the injury that kept him out for the rest of that season... can't be sure though.

The officials for Wednesday are referee Simon Hooper, assistant referees Constantine Hatzidakis and Michael (the man with no surname).  Fourth Official is the dreadful Kevin Friend.

Hooper was in charge for our defeat to Norwich earlier this season.

Forest have 4 clean sheets in their last 5 games.  They'll do well to make it 5.  They're in decent form and are obviously above us in the table, but they're up and down like the proverbial whore's drawers with their previous 9 games reading DDWLWDWDW.  They're due another 'L' in there me thinks.  They do score a lot away from home.  They've 14 in 9 games (putting them 3rd in goals scored away), compared to only 11 at home, and they lie 4th in the away table so we'll need to be on our guard.  Grabban is their obvious danger man as the 2nd highest scorer in the division with 10 goals (Maupay 12).

Having McGinn back will be a great boost and I expect we will continue our good run and win our 4th league game on the trot.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nigel said:

I know it's moot but that Liverpool game was deanos debut. Him playing against the team we bought him from who happened to have a great side too.

It was no wonder that sold out!

Not really going to compare against palace.

Yes I know it was Saunders debut and Big Ron actually went on the pitch before the Palace game and made a speech to the fans about him.

I can accept the Liverpool game selling out it was the fact we got around 22k less fans for the previous game against Palace which was also a Saturday 3pm kick off.

We have always been a club that it seems supporters choose their games based on who we are playing unlike the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc whose crowds stay at a consistent level regardless of opposition. I know this is the case with a lot of clubs but I am not sure to the extreme of us where crowds have over the years fluctuated by at times 15k - 20k+ depending on who we are playing.

Edited by markavfc40

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Yes I know it was Saunders debut and Big Ron actually went on the pitch before the Palace game and made a speech to the fans about him.

I can accept the Liverpool game selling out it was the fact we got around 22k less fans for the previous game against Palace which was also a Saturday 3pm kick off.

We have always been a club that it seems supporters choose their games based on who we are playing unlike the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc whose crowds stay at a consistent level regardless of opposition. I know this is the case with a lot of clubs but I am not sure to the extreme of us where crowds have over the years fluctuated by at times 15k - 20k + depending on who we are playing.

This season's home league attendances.  Quite fluctuatey :)

4a8dac027f3da3e1ddbaf75f17d5bc9f.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Cheers Brian. I actually think since we went down and closed the upper Trinity for most games the fluctuations haven't been as bad/often/extreme. Obviously though we are playing less attractive games at this level.

I suppose as I have always had a season ticket I have never had to pick and choose my games and if I did be it through finance or distance I may well choose the games based on who we were playing. It would be nice though to get to the point where we can consistently get 40k+ regardless of opposition.

Edited by markavfc40

17 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Has anybody ever tried to record anything on the red button? Just realised I've got a bleeding dinner meeting on Wednesday!

Your best bet is to go to the TV guide and find the game they’re showing live, press record and it might give you a list of options to record the other games. This would have worked for one game recently (can’t remember which) but wasn’t an option when we played Bristol City and were on the red button.

2 hours ago, chappy said:

Your best bet is to go to the TV guide and find the game they’re showing live, press record and it might give you a list of options to record the other games. This would have worked for one game recently (can’t remember which) but wasn’t an option when we played Bristol City and were on the red button.

Ok there is a list and we are on it so fingers crossed that works! 

Thanks

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Nice chart BOF.

Although I think the Rotherham and Preston games were available on the red button? I assume the numbers watching wouldn’t be as high as the other televised games, but would have a bit of an impact on attendances.