Blose pre match

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The referee for the game will be Robert Jones - you might remember him for his absolutely shocking performance in the snow at Bolton last season. He also refereed our loss to Peterborough in the FA Cup. He's a card happy chap with a distinct lack of experience and he's a strange choice for this one. 

Oh good....the tactics of small heath won't have to be tempered! 

We have con air like planning off the pitch then they put someone like that on the pitch to ref the game. It's not as if any perceived injustices will inflame any tension. 

All you ask for is a bit of common sense!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The referee for the game will be Robert Jones - you might remember him for his absolutely shocking performance in the snow at Bolton last season. He also refereed our loss to Peterborough in the FA Cup. He's a card happy chap with a distinct lack of experience and he's a strange choice for this one. 

On a positive note......Maybe Jack will get some protection.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Im coming over from Denmark with some friends to watch this game, my first ever Villa-derby. Been looking forward to this for months, like a little kid waiting for his christmas gift. Bring on sunday...

We need some Vikings in Rocky Lane...bring boat loads.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

It’s been so long since the Derby game my brain is rejecting the memory as probable fake news. A performance that good surely can’t have happened to my team, and if in some quirk of the universe it did then it will never happen again. The possible injuries have allowed my brain to slide into the comforting pillow of fear and nerves that is its natural state when considering the Villa. I’m terrified that Villa are going to balls up my weekend. I’ve felt like that for a lot of years so it’ll take a while to shake off I guess. 

Good news is that all this crazed irrationality will be a million miles from the thinking of Smith, Terry and co. They told the players to put out a statement against Derby and they did. This time they’ll be telling them to do the same in front of our own fans. 

I’ll stick to my earlier prediction in this thread. A very different game, tough battle both sides scoring but we’ll get ourselves over the line. 

• Like 1

Quote from @Vive_La_Villa over in the Chester thread: 

I actually dislike Liverpool and Man U fans more than bluenoses. 

At least the latter support their local team

Depends where the Liverpool and Man U fans come from. Genuine Mancunians and Scousers are annoying, but you can understand their loyalties. Noses, of course, are despicable. 

But even noses are better than Brummie 'reds'. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Quote from @Vive_La_Villa over in the Chester thread: 

Depends where the Liverpool and Man U fans come from. Genuine Mancunians and Scousers are annoying, but you can understand their loyalties. Noses, of course, are despicable. 

But even noses are better than Brummie 'reds'. 

Yep I've always said this too.

That's as nice as am I'm ever gonna be about them though.  The bastards!

• Like 1

I don't see McGinn playing. I think Whelan will come in for him with Hourihane pushing further forward or perhaps Lansbury may come in so we maintain the attacking intent in the midfield with solely forward thinking players.

Aside from that I think it will be the same as at Derby with Taylor left back and Kodjia and Adomah retaining their places out wide. I think Bolasie will be retained as a great option off the bench.

We have more than enough to beat these and I think the fact that they will sit back and let us have the ball will now suit us something that wouldn't have been the case a few weeks ago. Every chance we can do to them what Derby did on Sha's last away outing.

I'm going for a win and by at least a 2 goal margin.

Edited by markavfc40