Blose pre match

Demitri_C

Not normally one to tempt fate, but here goes....

They'll be chasing shadows and trying to kick lumps out of JG and JM, they'll get knackered, go a man down, we'll win by at least 2 clear goals and we'll be ole'ing them. Happy days.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:
23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Smith doesn't defend a lead, he extends it. 

I hope so. Still too early to say.

Well it isn't too early, because he literally gave that in answer to a question after the Derby game.  So his words and (more importantly) his actions confirm that he doesn't defend a lead, he extends it.

On 10/11/2018 at 18:32, Barney_avfc said:

Dean Smith when asked, "Why were you shouting at your players to get up whilst 2-0 up? Surely you could have sat back and played it safe? Why take the risk?"

" My philosophy is this : 1-0, 2-0 or 5-0 up: never ever settle for it, you must be hungry for more. If you do sit back not only are you inviting the opposition to get back into the game but you are showing them mercy. You have to look at the bigger picture, I don't only want us to destroy our current opponent's. I want to breed fear into our next ones "?

49 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well it isn't too early, because he literally gave that in answer to a question after the Derby game.  So his words and (more importantly) his actions confirm that he doesn't defend a lead, he extends it.

Saying and doing are two different things though. It is still early to say bit early signs are promising 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Saying and doing are two different things though. It is still early to say bit early signs are promising 

My point is he has said and done it.  It's still early, but his actions have only confirmed his words so far.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 21:00, Demitri_C said:

We welcome the unwashed to our great stadium. Man I hope we put in a performance like today. The concern is the game its after the internationals and we have a habit of not being at our total best after those. 

Wont be easy. Never is and they are better this year than last.

we have lost one game since relegation after international breaks and that was to Wolves last season at Molineux

45 minutes ago, BOF said:

My point is he has said and done it.  It's still early, but his actions have only confirmed his words so far.

Yes in one or two games thats my poibt. It's still too early to say. Like the Swansea game although his first game it seemed like shut up shop.

Edited by Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2-0 up vs champions elect Leicester

"Champions-elect" is a bit of a stretch.  It was week 5 :)  But I suppose you're right about that gobshite pushing for more.

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

"Champions-elect" is a bit of a stretch.  It was week 5 :)  But I suppose you're right about that gobshite pushing for more.

maybe future champions is a better term, though I wonder if we won that game everything could have been so different for both clubs

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wonder if we won that game everything could have been so different for both clubs

Me too.  It gave them a massive boost, and seemed to destroy us.

Calf injuries don’t tend to be too serious if it’s just a strain. Needs rest which thankfully the international break will afford. 

Anyone else at ends with it still being 10 days till this game...