Blose pre match

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I think we are going come out the blocks right at them and will dominate early.  Just need to score early before they get chance to come into the game.

Got to get at them from the very first whistle, they’re going to be up for it, we’re going to have to usurp them, every header, tackle. We’re going to have to match them for effort and our extra quality should come through. They haven’t beaten us since 2005, long may it continue 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Got to get at them from the very first whistle, they’re going to be up for it, we’re going to have to usurp them, every header, tackle. We’re going to have to match them for effort and our extra quality should come through.

It is the shit we're playing and not Barcelona, right?

Yes they will be up for it, but some of the comments suggests you'd think we are bottom and they're 5th etc.

We will win. 4-0 Villa!

40 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It is the shit we're playing and not Barcelona, right?

Yes they will be up for it, but some of the comments suggests you'd think we are bottom and they're 5th etc.

We will win. 4-0 Villa!

I think if this is our attitude in the match then we’re asking for trouble. It won’t be easy, Monk will have them fired up, he’s improved them this season, he is an excellent manager I think. He’s got the best out of their squad, I know I sound like a nose but I can guarantee that I hate them with a passion as much as the next Villa fan but I just don’t think they should be underestimated, it will be a difficult match 

34 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If Chester and McGinn are out, I think we'll get a draw. If they're not, I think we'll win. 

I think that McGinn has only been here a few months but is already a key player speaks volumes. Get Bruce back, I’m only joking :)

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think if this is our attitude in the match then we’re asking for trouble. It won’t be easy, Monk will have them fired up, he’s improved them this season, he is an excellent manager I think. He’s got the best out of their squad, I know I sound like a nose but I can guarantee that I hate them with a passion as much as the next Villa fan but I just don’t think they should be underestimated, it will be a difficult match 

Absolutely, In which case the 12th man will play a big part in this game, and hopefuloy we will put Monk's little euphoria fire out like we did Lampard's at Derby.   :thumb:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolutely, In which case the 12th man will play a big part in this game, and hopefuloy we will put Monk's little euphoria fire out like we did Lampard's at Derby.   :thumb:

Agreed, should be a great atmosphere and occasion, are you going?

Just now, AVFC44 said:

Would be suicide to throw in Bedeau for a game like this. Jedinak has to play CB if Chester is out.

We literally have no-one else, Jedinak isn’t a centre back in any way, shape or form in my opinion. I think Bedeau is good enough 

On 18/11/2018 at 15:47, Demitri_C said:

Jukechiewz against jedinak at cb is frightening 

Could argue it might not be so bad.

4 of Jutkiewicz's 9 goals this season from headers and he leads the league in aerials duels won with 12.3 per game. But he also loses 10 aerial duels per game on average.

Jedinak is third in the league for aerial duels won per game with 9. But he also only lost 3 per game.

Chester has won 3.9 a game on average this season, losing 2.8.

13 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Could argue it might not be so bad.

4 of Jutkiewicz's 9 goals this season from headers and he leads the league in aerials duels won with 12.3 per game. But he also loses 10 aerial duels per game on average.

Jedinak is third in the league for aerial duels won per game with 9. But he also only lost 3 per game.

Chester has won 3.9 a game on average this season, losing 2.8.

The problem won't be him but the 2 quick players that play off him.

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Will you be watching on tv? 

Not sure I will actually get to see the game at all now.

Picked my daughter up from street dance session tonight to learn they are doing a presentation show on Sunday which she has been nominated to lead!..

Yeah, you guessed it. Also a ***** 12 noon start!   :rant:

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Picked my daughter up from street dance session tonight to learn they are doing a presentation show on Sunday which she has been nominated to lead!..

Hopefully we put a show on for you, I’m confident we will, have fun mate, I’m not a parent so don’t have these issues (in other words no-one will go out with me :))

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Stick it on record and then put the helmet from Knightmare on from the moment the show finishes until you’re sat in front of the telly. 

Urgh....thinking about it you’ll maybe need to get your daughter to drive home. It will be a fun 80s TV style challenge and also a bonding experience. 

Edited by villaglint