Blose pre match

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I think we need to concentrate on our game and let them worry about us.....I am sure we will win the battle for pitch craft.

Having said that....we all know in this league a missed bounced ball by a centre half can let and big centre forward like Jutkiewicz in....He is like a better version of Geoff Horsfield....they are good at physically unsettling players, we need to be mindful of that.

They are not a better team than us, but they have players who can create a moment.

We have the better players, no doubt but we can’t be complacent. Monk is an excellent manager, Premier League quality in my opinion. He’ll have them fired up, we have to match their work rate and intensity, if we do, our quality should come through. They’re due a win against us, 2005 was the last time they beat us, long may it continue 

• Like 1

Chester will be a miss in this game for sure, I'm hoping that his injury isn't as bad as it appears and that he will be fit for Sunday.

In saying this, Jedinak wouldn't be the end of the world at centre back. It's a game where you can throw him in to compete with Jutkiewicz for the aerial balls which he normally wins. We also haven't seen Jedinak alongside Tuanzebe, Tuanzebe's pace will mop up a lot of Jedinak's positioning mistakes that Chester is normally unable to cover. Along with Elmo and Hutton on each side we should have enough about us to be solid at the back.

For me Nyland isn't such a problem now, he's started to look more confident in recent games and his shot stopping and distribution are great. He now just needs to work on commanding the box and taking crosses, something I'm sure Cutler is working hard with him on.

I'm pretty confident McGinn will be fit, and with Gardner out for them our midfield of Hourihane, McGinn and Grealish should overload them massively in the center of the pitch. I think we should be prepared for Grealish to pick up a booking in this one and miss the Forest game on Wednesday though...

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I'm pretty confident McGinn will be fit, and with Gardner out for them our midfield of Hourihane, McGinn and Grealish should overload them massively in the center of the pitch. I think we should be prepared for Grealish to pick up a booking in this one and miss the Forest game on Wednesday though...

After listening to The Villa View it sounds as though McGinn is in fact going to miss this one.

Bjarnasson will hopefully be fit enough, or else we are depending on Lansbury or Whelan 😨

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

After listening to The Villa View it sounds as though McGinn is in fact going to miss this one.

Bjarnasson will hopefully be fit enough, or else we are depending on Lansbury or Whelan 😨

I'd say there would be a few more options in between Whelan and lansbury! If the later plays we are probably dealing with an Ebola outbreak!

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone see klefitvelds comments about us? Saying that the blose board have told all players they ahve to "hate aston villa" when they sign 

5115802.gif

7 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Surely Jutkiewicz is the sort of player that would be well matched by Jedinak? He's a lump and good in the air.

Jedinak isn’t a natural centre back, in my opinion, Jutkiewicz would bully him, especially with the form he’s in. I’d play Jedinak in midfield 

The referee for the game will be Robert Jones - you might remember him for his absolutely shocking performance in the snow at Bolton last season. He also refereed our loss to Peterborough in the FA Cup. He's a card happy chap with a distinct lack of experience and he's a strange choice for this one. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I've got a feeling Smith will play Bree rather than Jedinak at CB if Chester is injured. 

I'd worry how bree would handle jukchiewcz height and strength tbh. If he were to play that then jedinak has to be an for this one.