Blose pre match

Demitri_C

Whelan will have to cover a lot of ground, if we get a couple of goals up might be worth trying lansbury in there to just knock it about and get them chasing shadows.I like Kodija starting left and threatening to come inside, Henry style. Jack and Hourihane should have too much for them technique wise. Defence unchanged. 

Like it. Shame no McGinn but Whelan will be up for the physical side today you'd think.

Let's smash these words removed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Smith does not clearly rate bree. Even with elmo as onky defensive option bree nowhere to be seen.  If chester gets injured we have no defenders

True, no like for like change for a CB there at all. That's definitely the weak link here. Fingers crossed.

We'll pumped. 1030pm kick off here which is quite reasonable for here. Plus first job tomorrow is local so can nick another half hours sleep.

I'm a little concerned that McGinn is out because he truly is our horsepower and drive. Like someone else said I hope Hourihane pushes forward a bit more. Though I am fairly certain under Smith that's exactly what will happen.

O'Hare being picked up on the bench is just the fresh air that needed blowing around the club. I'll admit I'm bias, I am a Dean Smith fan, but I'm certain he knows exactly what he is doing and has a plan moving forward. He'll get us promoted, he'll keep us up there too.... The next Eddie Howe.

PS. Small world story. Did a job in Adelaide as I was finishing I noticed that they had a Villa sticker on their car. Got chatting about the mighty Villa and turns out that the people I did a job for, their son went to school with Dean Smiths daughter when he was at Walsall. They saw him around the school and that a bit and said he was a genuinely nice person.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ouchmefoot said:

Ugh Whelan. May be physical but also slow and prone to giving the ball away in dangerous positions. 

That's why we have a bench with literally ONLY 1 defender on it, and ALL attackers.

Seems if it is not working, the plan is to throw the kitchen sink.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's why we have a bench with literally ONLY 1 defender on it, and ALL attackers.

Seems if it is not working, the plan is to throw the kitchen sink.

Good plan! Better to throw the kitchen sink at it, than sit back and drown in it.... We have goals in us, many goals. I'm not saying we should go gung ho every game but we should believe we can score one more goal than any team in this league.