Dean Smith

Demitri_C

55 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

sorry but it's must not lose today for dean smith

just watched the presser I heard him blowing some smoke towards the fans, obviously trying to make amends after insulting us when explaining the hauling off of O'Hare against swansea.

The good news is he seems to have had his eyebrows threaded, but he still needs a skinfade to get rid of the grey around the sides of his head making him look like a dutch oven.

U ok hun?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There seems to be some confusion in here.

People are saying those criticising Smith shouldn't be judging him when he's been here for such a short amount of time.

I don't think that's what people are doing. Nobody is "judging" him (or very few anyway). And rightly so. Nobody is calling for his head either, as far as I can say, and again rightly so, it's way too early for that.

But at the same time, that doesn't make him immune from criticism. You can't watch the Wigan game and say "well he's only been here 3 months so I'm not judging him".

You can do both. You can look at the Wigan game and say that was a shitshow from everyone, manager very much included; and still think that he deserves a lot more time and things will come good under him.

After two 3-0 defeats in a row there needs to be some form of improvement. Another good hiding and I think he will come under some pressure. That would be 1 win in 9 and in all competitions and no wins in 6 games at home. Even though the squad in weak areas that run of results is questionable to say the least.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

After two 3-0 defeats in a row there needs to be some form of improvement. Another good hiding and I think he will come under some pressure. That would be 1 win in 9 and in all competitions and no wins in 6 games at home. Even though the squad in weak areas that run of results is questionable to say the least.

He need to show that he's learned from his mistakes as well.

Bringing on Whelan and Hause when 1-0 down is just, i don't know how to describe how stupid of a decision that was.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He need to show that he's learned from his mistakes as well.

Bringing on Whelan and Hause when 1-0 down is just, i don't know how to describe how stupid of a decision that was.

I wouldn't even have them in the match day squad after last week

I like Dean Smith, but I dont understand why that when we are trying to play football, why when the defenders are in possession do 2 of our midfielders go as far wide as the wingers, with hourihane alone central not making himself available, we are playing so stretched it ridiculous. What happened to simple triangle passing etc. I just dont see what the plan is, if we only want to play with wingers, then surely upping the tempo and going long is the better idea. The only thing the passing around the back is doing is letting the other team get back in to position and wait until our defenders make a mistake. awful. 

Our defensive line is so far back and Abraham when not coming back into defense to collect the ball is on the complete opposite side of the pitch. GET CLOSER TO EACH OTHER YOU MUPPETS

• Like 1

Said in the promotion thread, but I’m wondering whether Smith will see the season out.

That’s not me saying he should be sacked now or anything like that. But performances/results like this shouldn’t and won’t be tolerated.

The get his own players argument only goes so far, he should be doing better than this.

Edit - this is a bit knee jerk reaction, which I try to restrain myself from doing, especially during a game, but it does feel like that we’re in a rut that we’re incapable of getting out of.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Lol blaming Bruce for being this bad, you must really dislike the guy. 

Who assembled this squad? Who failed to coach or create any system? Who is the reason we have average or shit players on huge undeserved wages? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How about we let him get his own players. 

Will it really make any difference? His Walsall and Brentford teams were wildly inconsistent with defenses that leaked like sieves.

We have made a massive mistake with DS. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Will it really make any difference? His Walsall and Brentford teams were wildly inconsistent with defenses that leaked like sieves.

Yeah that's the one thing that worries me with the prospect of DS long term. He's defensive record as a coach is s***

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How about we let him get his own players. 

how about he stops using the same shifty players each week like Taylor and Hutton? 

This excuse I'm not buying pathetic displays of football.its not good enough.

I was definitely in favour of bringing Smith in and I'm certainly not calling for his head but it's very concerning when we get worse every week and the good things that we saw a month ago look a million miles away from anything the team can produce at the moment. Clearly the injuries to Grealish and Tuanzebe haven't helped but this is the worst football I've seen us produce since Di Matteo. A massive second half for us, this.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

how about he stops using the same shifty players each week like Taylor and Hutton? 

Clearly not good enough but lets not pretend he has strong options that he refuses to play

6 minutes ago, jim said:

We have made a massive mistake with DS. 

Nothing like giving him a chance. 

We need a different approach. The short term quick fixes did not work. It has made us worse. Fixing it is going to take time. 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who is better honestly especially at left back

Â