Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, Davkaus said:

Serious question, did you watch the second half?

We were absolutely appalling in the first 45, but even in the first 5 minutes of the second half we missed a couple of good chances. We absolutely created  enough to win that game.

Yes I did,stayed till final whistle,yes 1st half dreadful but 2nd half better but in my opinion didnt deserve to win yes more urgency but no clear cut chances.

I also think its a shame how Smith has to work with the pile of rubbish Bruce left him with.

9 minutes ago, Dale said:

Green blazed one over from penalty spot... If we weren't looking like we'd win, Hull would've gone for a winner themselves.

Well they very nearly scored in the 90th minute a much better chance than anything we created after the equaliser.

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Needs time and thankfully will be given it. 

Time to become as good as Brentford? Fighting for top ten finishes, can’t wait!

As much of an improvement that was made in the second half, how many clear cut chances did we create? Hull should have been 3-0 up and we'd have been buried. Chester effectively created a two goal swing in a few minutes.

In form or not, it's Hull City. Not good enough. If we'd peppered the keeper and been hitting the woodwork maybe it'd be different, but we scraped a draw and it's all I feel we deserved. 

He does deserve time, but I'm not confident in him being a promotion winning manager here and would be astonished if we were even close to playoffs come May. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We just came back from 0-2 against the best team in the league in the last month or so. I think its not a bad point all things considered

I mean it is the bright side. Then again they weren’t very good today either and we made it all too easy for them first half. 

So a breakdown of VT threads.

Taylor = Awful, needs replacing.

Hutton = Awful, needs replacing.

Hourihane = Coward, needs replacing.

Elphick = Awful. 

Elmo = Offers nothing.

Whelan = Past it.

Bjarnason = competition winner.

Adomah = Pointless, replace.

Bolasie = Show pony.

Smith = Has to do better, out of his league. 

The simple fact is our squad is truly awful. McGinn and Grealish aside we don't have a single player on the books that I would be sorry to see go. The squad needs a massive overhaul a trust Smith to do it. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

The simple fact is our squad is truly awful. McGinn and Grealish aside we don't have a single player on the books that I would be sorry to see go. The squad needs a massive overhaul a trust Smith to do it. 

This is it. How many of our players would actually get into Leeds or West Brom team never mind a Premier League team. This club is broken and needs rebuilding for about 10 years though sadly dont expect Jack here for it

• Like 1

I thought Smith was a manager who could coach average players into half decent footballers. Ok our team ain't the best, but I didn't realise when we brought DS in, we would have to give him £50 million plus to bring his own players in, then convert to full gung ho!

With Grealish out, which I guess is his type of player, he has no idea.

Second half proves, the players can play better.

Edited by foreveryoung

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Elphick = Awful. 

Elmo = Offers nothing.

Whelan = Past it.

Bolasie = Show pony.

I would back him more if he played the youngsters but a lot of good will went out the window bringing Alan and Albert back in. Pathetic.

Just now, av1 said:

Elphick = Awful. 

Elmo = Offers nothing.

Whelan = Past it.

Bolasie = Show pony.

Mate I wouldn't even bother, some people just can't put things into context, it doesn't matter why and who's fault it is, it's shit so another manager isn't up to it and needs getting rid of.  People saying it's as bad as Bruce, well yes but we were this shit with Grealish and Tuanzebe in the team under him whereas Smith transformed us in the time he had them available.  If Smith could get this group of players playing consistent quality football he would be performing miracles.  We need a massive clear out of players in the summer and then see what Smith can do.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I thought Smith was a manager who could coach average players into half decent footballers. Ok our team ain't the best, but I didn't realise when we brought DS in, we would have to give him £50 million plus to bring his own players in, then convert to full gung ho!

With Grealish out, which I guess is his type of player, he has no idea.

Second half proves, the players can play better.

What can you teach a 30 year old Neil Taylor, 35 year old Glenn Whelan or 34 year old Alan Hutton. If they couldnt get it when 23/24 not going to get it now

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, jim said:

Time to become as good as Brentford? Fighting for top ten finishes, can’t wait!

No, time to build something for the first time in 10 years and not just try and cut costs or throw money on quick fix gambles. 

• Like 3

Just now, villalad21 said:

How do you build something without a foundation?

Its what we are trying to do now. You cant built  a foundation on an expensive retirement home and we need them off the books before we can start. Not to mention he started with an unbalanced squad

Â