Dean Smith

Demitri_C

He isn’t good enough, plain and simple. 

Overall poor performance, I’m sure he’ll come out with good sound bites as to what was wrong, but as per we won’t see any improvement.

That 2nd half shows DS sides will always be a threat attacking wise.

Defensive problems still stands though and until DS will get us organized at the back we're going nowhere under him.

Edited by villalad21

We've conceded 45 goals this season. Only teams to concede more? Rotherham with 46, and bottom club Ipswich with 48.

It's so bleedingly obvious where our problems lie, it begs the question what is going on in Smith's mind. I know he inherited a joke of a defence from Bruce but seriously - we can't expect to have to score between 3 and 5 goals EVERY game to win a match. It's completely ludicrous.

None of our back five is good enough at the moment. Put Steer in goal - he looks solid. Get Chester his surgery (it can't get worse without him), try and bed in Hause and Elphick (with Tuanzebe straight back in if he's ever fit again), and find better full backs from anywhere - even our young players would be a step up.

Just now, Dale said:

Unlucky not to win against the most in form team in the league... Nah. 

Unlucky not to win?We been at the same game mate?Guttless 1st half not a clue what we were doing,2nd half Hull defended for the draw,what clear cut chances can you tell me to win the game?

2 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

We've conceded 45 goals this season. Only teams to concede more? Rotherham with 46, and bottom club Ipswich with 48.

It's so bleedingly obvious where our problems lie, it begs the question what is going on in Smith's mind. I know he inherited a joke of a defence from Bruce but seriously - we can't expect to have to score between 3 and 5 goals EVERY game to win a match. It's completely ludicrous.

None of our back five is good enough at the moment. Put Steer in goal - he looks solid. Get Chester his surgery (it can't get worse without him), try and bed in Hause and Elphick (with Tuanzebe straight back in if he's ever fit again), and find better full backs from anywhere - even our young players would be a step up.

Steve-Bruce-006.jpg?width=620&quality=45

2 minutes ago, midian said:

Unlucky not to win?We been at the same game mate?Guttless 1st half not a clue what we were doing,2nd half Hull defended for the draw,what clear cut chances can you tell me to win the game?

Green blazed one over from penalty spot... If we weren't looking like we'd win, Hull would've gone for a winner themselves.

• Like 1

One of the things that make me question wtf we're playing at is why we still have Taylor and Hutton as fullbacks. It should have been clear months ago that those positions were essential for recruitment. Most of the way through January, and we still have those two. 

Just now, Dale said:

Green blazed one over from penalty spot... If we weren't looking like we'd win, Hull would've gone for a winner themselves.

So 1 chance and we are unlucky to win?We were crap end of didnt deserve the win,just think if this was Bruce everybody would be shouting bout the performance,I like Dean Smith but sometimes his selection and other things are baffling

1 minute ago, midian said:

So 1 chance and we are unlucky to win?We were crap end of didnt deserve the win,just think if this was Bruce everybody would be shouting bout the performance,I like Dean Smith but sometimes his selection and other things are baffling

Serious question, did you watch the second half?

We were absolutely appalling in the first 45, but even in the first 5 minutes of the second half we missed a couple of good chances. We absolutely created  enough to win that game.

Garbage manager, nice bloke! Did we learn nothing from Bruce. Until we appoint a good manager we will continue to tread water. It’s so painful that I am beginning to get to the apathetic stage which is a sad reflection of our once great club. 

Â