Dean Smith

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know, right? 

None of us are disputing our improvement under Smith and NSWE, some are just a little concerned about this season and not having Grealish. 

If you highlight any concerns though, you’re just entitled, ungrateful and negative. 

UTV

You referred to yourself as being entitled. 

Highlighting concerns doesn't lead to that. It's the moaning, the foot stomping, the demanding, the lack of patience, the losing your shit every single time something doesn't go to plan. 

That's what leads to be seen as negative and entitled. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

ElGhazi is simply not good enough to be in the 1st XI.

In which case it's a good job he's very unlikely to be getting more than minutes off the bench when players return from injury. How many millions do you think we'd need to pay for a worthwhile upgrade to sit on our bench, and is that a priority when he's probably what, 3rd choice?

CDM needs addressing 

Agreed with this

it is not good that we have a 36 year old starting at LB

A 36 year old that was good enough to play for the Italian champions last season. That's played well for us so far, and has competition for places with a player who was great for us last season but had a ropey first game and an interupted pre-season. LB isn't a psoition I'm woried about at all tbh.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

1) he won't be when everyone is fit. 

2) Yep. And it's pretty obvious it will at some point. Either this window or next summer.

3) why does age matter? Especially after two good performances there. And he's there because our player of the year last year is low on fitness and struggled in the first game. It's called having strength in depth, which if we didn't have you'd be on here moaning about.

Spider-Man Pointing at Spider-Man | Know Your Meme

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Almost. Still hasn’t addressed that weak central midfield area though 😉

Dean is the Head Coach not the head of recruitment. If you are going to moan, at least get the thread right. 

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A 36 year old that was good enough to play for the Italian champions last season. That's played well for us so far, and has competition for places with a player who was great for us last season but had a ropey first game and an interupted pre-season. LB isn't a psoition I'm woried about at all tbh.

Big difference between Serie A and PL in terms of pace and physicality. 

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Big difference between Serie A and PL in terms of pace and physicality. 

Do you think Conte is easier on his players now than he was at Chelsea?

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

As people get older they lose strength, pace and mobility. This is why players retire in their 30s and not their 40s. The PL is fast and physically demanding.

Thanks, that's really helpful. Didn't realise that.

Do you think he's struggled at LB these last two games? Against much faster and younger wingers?

Do you think he's our long term plan there?

It looks like you just have to try and find something to moan about. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Young is apparently top 5 at the club in terms of pace/athleticism according to the data taken from training (heard in an interview somewhere) - his age is irrelevant. 

Look at a side to side photo of Danny Ings and Ashley Young, then tell me which one looks closer to 40. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 21/08/2021 at 11:39, Peter Griffin said:

I agree with that and I too am not knocking Smith. He has achieved at Villa and I am happy with that but as you say, he should be evaluated

I am not advocating that Smith goes, in fact I think his biggest asset is his ability to create harmony and stability.

but I am not one for double standards, if RO'K has been identified as the clubs progress has passed him by, it should equally assess Dean in the same light.

We have just about always waited until the wheels are wobbling or coming off before deciding on a new manager.....why? why wait until it is so blindingly obvious....by then the team /club would have regressed and major surgery is required to put it back on track. That has been the mistake for years. I hope our leaders have their finger on the pulse and would act in a business like manner.....Man City have achieved their status not just with money, but asute recruitment of managers, Mancini and pellegrini were no bums, yet they knew Pep was better.

Like I say, I am happy with Dean as manager, ( not happy with everything he does, but generally) so the issue is not on the cards as yet....but Dean does need to still demonstrate that he has the skill set to take us the next steps, in to the top 10.

What he has done in the past is very noble and he himself will know, he can't dine out on that for long, with ambitious and supportive owners....The club moves forward and Deans ability has to move with it......lets hope it does.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not advocating that Smith goes, in fact I think his biggest asset is his ability to create harmony and stability.

but I am not one for double standards, if RO'K has been identified as the clubs progress has passed him by, it should equally assess Dean in the same light.

Maybe he has been assessed in the same light and passed.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

Maybe he has been assessed in the same light and passed.

Exactly. So weird when posters act as if Dean is being given some free pass by club management. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

As people get older they lose strength, pace and mobility. This is why players retire in their 30s and not their 40s. The PL is fast and physically demanding.

Liverpool man of the match last week was a 35 year old, Man CIty started a 36 year old last week and Chelsea won the Champions League final starting a 36 year old 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool man of the match last week was a 35 year old, Man CIty started a 36 year old last week and Chelsea won the Champions League final starting a 36 year old 

Boo you and your facts

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

a wise man once said " You don't win anything with pensioners "

• Haha 3

Â