Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Amazing isn't it, that people not only question his in game management, they believe it holds us back. 

'we don't have the players to stop teams' with the second most clean sheets in the league. 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s an amazing stat. Not to be too negative but  the converse of this is that we have only gained a single point all season when we’ve gone behind (Chelsea 1-1) that I can think of. Put that right and we’re sorted.

We have also on lost points in 1 game we have went ahead :) 

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not just yet he hasnt. 

what did MON achieve better? 

Spend a lot of money and finished 6th from 3rd with 15 games left. Amazing job. Think ill take Deano line of work more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

what did MON achieve better? 

Spend a lot of money and finished 6th from 3rd with 15 games left. Amazing job. Think ill take Deano line of work more

Three top 6 finishes, I hope Smith does better but his job is only half finished. 

Just now, PaulC said:

Three top 6 finishes, I hope Smith does better but his job is only half finished. 

top 6 finishes were not that special then, was no City, Spurs around.  Finished below Everton every season who spent a fraction of what MON did

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

top 6 finishes were not that special then, was no City, Spurs around.  Finished below Everton every season who spent a fraction of what MON did

Yes on the other-hand, teams like Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea were much stronger. And you were the one that said the Premier League was much stronger then that it is now. 

I think MON did well. It's difficult to compare the two really because of the differing start points.

One think I do think though is that Dean has a higher ceiling. MON was very limited in what he did, not using the foreign transfer market for example. Smith can take us further, in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I think MON did well. It's difficult to compare the two really because of the differing start points.

One think I do think though is that Dean has a higher ceiling. MON was very limited in what he did, not using the foreign transfer market for example. Smith can take us further, in my opinion 

I agree with that I and I think he will take us further but hes hasn't yet.  

Pretty confident we've lost the least points from winning positions in the Premiership so far this season. Pretty hilarious when you see people clamouring for subs when we're 'barely holding on' at the end of games.

• Like 2

Love Smith but he hasn't eclipsed MON yet. Whilst we didn't make it (and I'll never understand how anyone who saw how much money and how long it took spurs and City to do to could really complain) we did challenge the top 4 consistently for three seasons. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Love Smith but he hasn't eclipsed MON yet. Whilst we didn't make it (and I'll never understand how anyone who saw how much money and how long it took spurs and City to do to could really complain) we did challenge the top 4 consistently for three seasons. 

We finished 16, 10 and 6 points off the top 4 in them 3 seasons. The last season Liverpool and Everton both slumped out of the top 6 as well

David O'Leary finished 4 points off the top 4

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

Â