Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

How they are using Cancelo is the next development of formation akin to the shift from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1. Klopp tried it with Trent AA the other night. Everyone will be trying to imitate it.

It helps that he's a bloody amazing footballer who makes the Duracell bunny look like an asthmatic pensioner that smokes 50 a day. 

I think Cash could get to that level of performance in time, but it doesn't just need an extremely fit right wing back,  you need the rest of the team to be switched on enough to know who is best placed to cover the right back, and then who in turn needs to cover that person. 

It's a complicated system that will go very wrong, very quickly if players don't have the brains to go with the fitness.

28 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It helps that he's a bloody amazing footballer who makes the Duracell bunny look like an asthmatic pensioner that smokes 50 a day. 

I think Cash could get to that level of performance in time, but it doesn't just need an extremely fit right wing back,  you need the rest of the team to be switched on enough to know who is best placed to cover the right back, and then who in turn needs to cover that person. 

It's a complicated system that will go very wrong, very quickly if players don't have the brains to go with the fitness.

Cancelo funnily enough wasnt highly rated in Spain or Italy when he played there and for the national team he has only 4 more caps than Semedo from Wolves 😂

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Glad Dean stayed with the same side, had a feeling he’d bring back in Ross and Luiz back in given the opposition but the team deserved a second game.

I think Luiz deserved to play as much as McGinn.. on the grounds that he deserved to be dropped as much as McGinn in the last game. Toss of a coin for me between the two.

But, I understand why it hasn't changed, and love the options we have on our bench. Very solid starting line up, and creativity and options to completely change our setup on the bench. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

I think Luiz deserved to play as much as McGinn.. on the grounds that he deserved to be dropped as much as McGinn in the last game. Toss of a coin for me between the two.

But, I understand why it hasn't changed, and love the options we have on our bench. Very solid starting line up, and creativity and options to completely change our setup on the bench. 

Yeah I agree, I was just going off the last game.  I was hoping to seen Sanson start but I can’t argue with sticking with the same team.  Love the midfield options now.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Did anyone expect him to do anything proactive to get a goal other than go like for like for 30 wasted minutes.

Did he go like for like since we finished with 2 strikers 🤔

• Like 1

Like I always say, the time to show urgency is from minute 1. Pathetic showing and worst of all Lawro was right!! Dean sat there and let us bang in ball after useless ball. Very frustrating but that's where we're at I suppose. 

Â