Dean Smith

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Interesting

While our previous manager used to spend his summers sunning his belly, DS would rather shadow other managers and clubs to learn new ideas. This proactive approach is a complete waste of time as Dean's vitamin D levels will be too low to roll up his sleeves and have a go in the season. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, villa89 said:

Yep, he never should have got the job in the first place and was left in the job far too long. 

You are so right - I'll never forget my feeling of being so underwhelmed the day Bruce got the job.

Anyway upward and onwards now 

6 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

While our previous manager used to spend his summers sunning his belly, DS would rather shadow other managers and clubs to learn new ideas. This proactive approach is a complete waste of time as Dean's vitamin D levels will be too low to roll up his sleeves and have a go in the season. ?

That is real interesting that he does that, it shows that Dean is willing to keep on learning and always adds tohis knowledge of what he loves doing.

The more I know about Dean the more I see a coach who has alot to offer where ever he is At, he is a very experienced person and we are very lucky to have him here, it could of been Henry and most of us would of been shouting for his head by now I think.

Dean Smith is a legend in the making..

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Is it just me or does Henry strike you as one of the "players" instead of the authority figure and head coach.

He is having it rough isn't he,not a win yet poor bloke like and hopefully he can change it but so glad we didn't have him..

On 11/11/2018 at 14:16, Villan4Life said:

Just been watching some old video's from Dean where he names his fav things.

Here is his top tracks:

Huge U2 fan?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!  Uck!!!  I've changed my mind...  Smith OUT!!!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

He is having it rough isn't he,not a win yet poor bloke like and hopefully he can change it but so glad we didn't have him..

It smacks to me a bit like when we had Garde. The team are just not good enough enough and are shot to pieces.  It was probably an impossible job. 

But you do question why he can't show them a video of a poor passage of play from them and eloquently explain what went wrong and what they should do to make it all better. 

Probably the same as Gary Neville, there is far far more to management than punditry. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Is it just me or does Henry strike you as one of the "players" instead of the authority figure and head coach.

He looks like he is criticizing the manager to the other players 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It smacks to me a bit like when we had Garde. The team are just not good enough enough and are shot to pieces.  It was probably an impossible job. 

But you do question why he can't show them a video of a poor passage of play from them and eloquently explain what went wrong and what they should do to make it all better. 

Probably the same as Phil Neville, there is far far more to management than punditry. 

Gary Neville you mean? 

I think there’s an element of arrogance. Just because they were big players they think they can walk straight in to positions at big clubs that’s are struggling and turn it around. 

Someone like Smith has had to prove himself As a manager he has worked hard to get where he is today. 

By the way it’s only Tuesday and I feel down knowing we have to wait another 12 days before the next game. 

I hate international weeks.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

One of the things I like about DS as well is if the game isn’t going according to plan you would back him to have the ability and know how to change it tactically whereas Bruce would just throw all the strikers on for a hit and hope scenario.

Smith will promote Villa this season then stabilise the club in the Premiership playing attractive progressive football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gary Neville you mean? 

I think there’s an element of arrogance. Just because they were big players they think they can walk straight in to positions at big clubs that’s are struggling and turn it around. 

Someone like Smith has had to prove himself As a manager he has worked hard to get where he is today. 

By the way it’s only Tuesday and I feel down knowing we have to wait another 12 days before the next game. 

I hate international weeks.

I though you was about to say  another 12 days till Henry loses another game, how many dokes everyone think he will lose before he finally does win a game??

Yes big lads who did a great job at playing the game, who think they do know it all and can just walk into a managers seat and get it rite first try, it's a wake up call for them.

Has anyone seen the highlights?? its great we are making alot more chances, not so great we are not putting the majority  away. Have to love how we are playing now our passing game has gone up tons.

Nyland what a performance and some real excellent saves there, hope he keeps it up then we won't need to look for another keeper.

Tammy didn't half do some skills on the ball and weave around those players around 9 mins, then he passed it and our player got elbowed in the face,at 09:05 and it looked completely horrible and out of order that it should of been a straight red card.

What is it with other teams getting frustrated at out players and they get away with it as either no cards or the card doesn't fit the punishment, the refs show to much leniency..

Edited by Dave-R

I'm happy to see i was right about Henry, when i said numerous times before the Smith appointment that Henry's lack of experience would be a bad move for Villa.

Henry was the gamble, naive approach, Smith was the safe approach. I'm happy to see the board taking good decisions for once.

Not writing of Henry as a manager yet, but it doesn't look like he knows how to organize a team, alarming for Monaco.

• Like 1

Â