Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, av1 said:

What i love about Dean Smith is that he never tries to shut up shop, get a goal, he wants another. 

This is what we've all been crying out for. 

Now that isn't always going to work, there will be times when we conceed chasing more goals, but I'd confidently predict that his philosophy will win us many more points than it loses. And it's infinitely more enjoyable to watch. 

We are going places with this bloke. 

I'm just back from the game. I just couldn't believe he bought on Hogan for Tammy with minutes remaining although was 3-0 up! How many other manager's do that!

#Legend

2 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

It's weird but I'm actually looking forward to the tough run of fixtures ahead of us. ?

Was thinking the same. 

Yes, December looks tough but if we're on it we can give anyone a game.

Nice to see us approach away games not to just nick a point but to boss the game and go for all three!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Was thinking the same. 

Yes, December looks tough but if we're on it we can give anyone a game.

Nice to see us approach away games not to just nick a point but to boss the game and go for all three!

Makes such a nice change from going into any tough game(s) with the arse cheeks clenched. 

3 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

YES YES YES! Exactly this! The last minutes of a game isn't just the the end of that game, it's also the start of the preperation for the next game. Sitting back defending a lead will stick into the mind of the players who and they will carry that mentality with them to the next game. It's as much for the next game as for the current that we should keep on playing. FINALLY a manager who thinks the same.

Sounds good but this approach didn't work for Wenger in his last  10 seasons at Arsenal though, did it? Look how many titles Mourinho has won by being defensive after taking the lead.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sounds good but this approach didn't work for Wenger in his last  10 seasons at Arsenal though, did it? Look how many titles Mourinho has won by being defensive after taking the lead.

Lets get Bruce back then. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Lets get Bruce back then. 

You comparing Bruce to Mourinho? I'm just pointing out being defensive can work and Mourinho is a great example of that. Can't really question he's trackrecord.

Both approaches can work if done right.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2018 at 05:25, KHV said:

There were more encouraging signs in the Swansea, Norwich and QPR games. I was surprised by how awful we were against Bolton, I don't think the Hourihane, McGinn and Grealish experiment worked at all.

so, how does crow taste?

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You comparing Bruce to Mourinho? I'm just pointing out being defensive can work and Mourinho is a great example of that. Can't really question he's trackrecord.

Both approaches can work if done right.

Of the top of my head, i can think of maybe 3/4 occasions in the last 20yrs (Chelsea and A Madrid) where super defensive teams have achieved real success. 

It will get you there or there abouts but generally a super defensive approach won't bring real sucsuccess in modern day football. 

Â