Dean Smith

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Likes his pins does he? :)

I really enjoy listening to Dean, he is a breath of fresh air compared to bruce and others that have managed us..

I feel like our players are adopting Deans style fast which is great, but our players have always been a passionate bunch, it's crazy that bruce couldn't get out of them what Dean is, there is something really wrong with the way bruce manages.

As it stands we should go to Birmingham city and do the business there, hope we do anyway and have faith we will come away with 3 points.

Excellent score yesterday and Nyland seems to be improving, here's hoping he has another brilliant game against Birmingham city.

I bet our owners are licking there lips as of late, everyone from top down to the bottom seems to be bringing this club back slowly, of course there are tons of hurdles to go but we have the squad for it.

Nine points from top, it isn't much at all and it only requires those teams above us to slip up, it's so tight this season's championship is at the moment.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jareth said:

18 hours ago, Jareth said:
1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As Dean Smith said they look confident and have belief in themselves.

They sure do, is crazy that early this season our players looked out of touch with football, not as fit, puzzled, were like a jigsaw unable to fit any pieces together. Then Dean comes in and we now look explosive, attitudes have gone higher, fitness is up, tactics installed, their is a real belief in what they go and do, it's amazing.

Good thing for Dean is he got his dream job in the end and he is going to do all he can do make villa shine..

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

They sure do, is crazy that early this season our players looked out of touch with football, not as fit, puzzled, were like a jigsaw unable to fit any pieces together. Then Dean comes in and we now look explosive, attitudes have gone higher, fitness is up, tactics installed, their is a real belief in what they go and do, it's amazing.

Good thing for Dean is he got his dream job in the end and he is going to do all he can do make villa shine..

I have to admit I was one of those that started to believe many of players just weren’t good enough because they have been so poor for so long. But it may just be that they were managed and coached so badly for so long. 

• Like 1

Even though i was massively optimistic about the appointment of Smith, never did i imagine the transformation would happy this quickly. 

The bloke is some coach. 

I was one who was slightly pessimistic about his appointment, not that I thought he was a bad manager, just that I thought the job and club may be too big for him. Early days, but he certainly seems to be alleviating those fears. The turnaround in performances and mentality are clear to see and Smith deserves a lot of credit for that.

They always say that you learn more about the manger in the way the team bounces back from defeat. Smith having had 2 away defeats in a week, could easily have adopted his approach to be more defensive in the next away game. He did not do that. He stuck to his beliefs and mentality and has just obtained a cracking away result. Long may it continue 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, av1 said:

Even though i was massively optimistic about the appointment of Smith, never did i imagine the transformation would happy this quickly. 

The bloke is some coach. 

Some coach is an understatement I think.

Dean Smith at the moment is like a Spartan Coach, I can just picture him now saying (This is Villa) not sparta.

To me Smith and everyone who is working at the side of Smith have done wonders  I didn't believe in miracles but I do now, with how fast and smooth Smith has got on with things he deserves the championship trophy end of the season if we keep putting in these displays.

I believe that Smith knows he has the rite team to take him all the way to the premiere. Smith knows that when his lads are playing there best that on the rite days that we will be taking all 3 points home.

I honestly wished we had of had this set up earlyier, wished I didn't support bruce so much at the end and glad I gave my nod for Smith and said no to Henry. Would of been a disaster Henry would of, would of been getting relegated under henry and someone would of been buying more cabbages.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sidcow said:

Tammy Abraham. Midfield enforcer.  Henceforth to be know as "The Destroyer"  

I'm happy to accept it's a failure of imagination on my part, or crude stereotyping, but I have some difficulty in conceiving of a destroyer named Tammy.

• Haha 2

Â