Dean Smith

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't actually rate Smith that highly as a manager, but one thing he was very good at was dealing was the personality side of the game. His main achievement besides taking us up and keeping us there was permanently altering the dressing room culture which had poisoned the club for years.

I agree with what you say about Smith, but in some credit to Bruce I think he started removing the poison attitude.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I agree with what you say about Smith, but in some credit to Bruce I think he started removing the poison attitude.

Errrrr That's a step to far, IMHO. 😉

Edited by tinker

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He stopped the slide but I don't think he did a massive amount to actually improve it significantly.

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

I don't actually rate Smith that highly as a manager, but one thing he was very good at was dealing was the personality side of the game. His main achievement besides taking us up and keeping us there was permanently altering the dressing room culture which had poisoned the club for years.

Agree.

The "fans" who never liked Smith and resented him doing well like to try and attribute that to Bruce, but that's bollocks. Bruce, as always, was all about looking after #1.

Gerrard was of course praised heavily by the same band of Brexit-logic wallies because he wasn't Smith. Clueless.

Anyone with eyes could see the team trying even under Gerrard. There was just nothing behind the running.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mantis said:

That's why I think he'd make a good England u21s manager, they don't need loads of intense coaching they just need to be the best 11 in their best positions happy and wanting to be there, he'd do that

Agree he changed the culture too, maybe not in terms of the dressing room* but extending it to VP and the fan base at large I'd say was him (and NSWE)

* Bruce did it with the team, not sure how much of it was happening anyway post relegation but he did cut the rot out of the dressing room, the problem was he didn't just cut the rotten foot off he took the whole leg... He solved our problem and then gave us another one

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

is deano a firefighter though? i feel he works better in a project. not sure he's your man when you need instant results

love it if he kept them up though...not just for him but because there's at least 5 teams down there i'd rather see relegated

Just as poor a choice as taking the Norwich gig. He'll be sacked by Christmas.

Edit: Oh it's an interim gig. I can't decide if that's better or worse :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I imagine it's an relationship solely fuelled by Leicester being pretty desperate for any sort of ex-Prem manager & for Smith something that's local to the Midlands. The fact that it's just an interim job suggests that it's nothing more than that.

• Like 1

Leicester fans will be appalled but the likes of Marsch and Benitez who they seem to prefer don't exactly have stellar recent records either. I am definitely biased but think he can get enough out of that team to keep them up. 

Would be a bad move for him and Leicester, if he gets relegated with them it'll be pretty bad from having two relegations under the belt. 

I do like the guy, hope he does well. Just don't see him doing any miracles, he doesn't exactly have a particular philosophy of football, nor was he a good defensive manager. Leicester will go down imo

Â