Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Preston

limpid

Match Polls  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/18 at 14:00

LOL... I actually watched the first 30 minutes of the first half twice thinking it was the second half, before realizing and switching to another stream.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

cannot believe Whelan took that penalty when Bolassie who had just scored Jack McGinn and Birkir were still on the pitch! very poor management tonight with what appears to be the new norm finishing the game with no recognised strikers, and the replacing Hourihane with Whelan made no sense to me neither did the call up for our 4th choice keeper----crazy,

Brucey and his cronies have to go! its way beyond a joke now----and fast becoming a non laugh at circus. for us Villa fans anyways,

Edited by ExhallVillan

This season is a nightmare.

Can’t really believe that match happened.

Is Whelan our penalty taker? Didn’t know that. Wish he wasn’t!

Ach well, not much for a fan to do now but hunker down and see who Bruce’s replacement will be.

• Like 1

Everything about this club is **** brain dead. Hope the owners line up their man quickly I can't take much more of this **** clearing in the woods any longer even though I said previously I was prepared to wait for the owners to get the man they really want... **** it put Agnew in temporary charge he can't do any worse than this **** useless clown pretending to be a manager. **** off you potato headed word removed 

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I was too far away to see if it was a penalty or a sending off so I can't comment - however, what I will say is that there was a rule brought in last season that said if there was a foul in the box and a penalty was given, then even if the defender was last man it wouldn't be a sending off. Double Jeopardy they called it. The ref didn't remember it as well as I did, but I really hope it exists, because if Chester is suspended for three games, we're in the toilet.

Law was changed to say yellow only if denying a goal scoring opportunity in penalty box whilst making genuine attempt to win the ball legally.

If handball, or not attempting to win ball legally, eg pulling, pushing, deliberate foul, then it will still be given as a red as well as a penalty.

Last man not part of the law. 

Suspension will only be one game.

• Like 2

Bjarnson should have man marked Johnson who changed the game when he came on roughed him up

Bruce made the wrong decision taking Abraham off. Kodjia should have been subbed. Abraham works harder than Kodjia.
Bolasie should have grabbed the ball for the pen.  Even if he had missed he had scored the equalizer which would of let him off the hook.

It reminded me of euro 96 penalty shoot out when hard man ince bottled taking the pen and southgate stepped up

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

From what I'm reading Calderwood turned round to the Lower Trinity, told them to "**** off" and made some unpleasant hand signals following our equaliser. 

If that's the case, he should be out of work in the morning.

Totally agree on that.

2 hours ago, CosmicVillan said:

I went to make a cuppa at 2-3 and came back to hear the penalty miss. I ahve no idea what to make of it

I went and i was stunned by the ineptitude.....he has to go.

but why do we have drift in to the this low level of incompetence, in order for a manager to go.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Bjarnson should have man marked Johnson who changed the game when he came on roughed him up

Bruce made the wrong decision taking Abraham off. Kodjia should have been subbed. Abraham works harder than Kodjia.
Bolasie should have grabbed the ball for the pen.  Even if he had missed he had scored the equalizer which would of let him off the hook.

It reminded me of euro 96 penalty shoot out when hard man ince bottled taking the pen and southgate stepped up

But no one man marks anyone in our set up......johnson had the freedom of the park....so much for experienced players.

he got the subs wrong after the red card & sitting back with 10 men trying to defend a 1 goal lead for 40 minutes was never going to work

Kodj should have gone off after the red card rather than Tammy and 5/10 minutes later the 4 in midfield were just useless. Should have swapped Grealish and thor for bolasie & albert and played a proper 4-4-1.  McGinn & hourihane run about like they have duracell batteries up their arse so could have coped well enough in the middle and albert & bolasie would at least have added some shape to the team and offered an attacking threat to give preston something to think about rather than just continually pushing forwards. they are both more than capable of tracking back & getting forwards for 30 minutes.

Showed some grit to  fight back from 3-2 down after completely throwing the game away and then blew it completely by nobody having the balls to take the ball out of whelans hands.

Despite some woeful performances we do not give up until the final whistle which is something positive i guess

The below gif sums up my feelings of the final few minutes perfectly

VHSUAUI.gif

Edited by LakotaDakota

Â