The NSWE Board

Guest av1

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

Why is that? 

Because they came in spoke to Henry (despite the denials) but then stuck with Bruce ... then binned Bruce and all his team without securing a replacement first

I'm also lead to believe there is also some other background stuff going on that isn't great ...but ,  that isn't my info to share.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Because they came in spoke to Henry (despite the denials) but then stuck with Bruce ... then binned Bruce and all his team without securing a replacement first.

I'm also lead to believe there is also some other background stuff going on that isn't great ...and  that isn't my info to share.

It's interesting how perspectives can differ according to viewpoint.

To speak with Henry is just to hold discussions, that could be anything from an enquiry to negotiation. It's not surprising that Bruce was afforded some time while that process took place.

Without knowing what you are referring to when you say there's some background problems, I imagine there would be a myriad of challenges and problems that need to be overcome and solved. That won't be easy and there's no guarantee of success. Navigating our way out starts with addressing what's needed and by no means is that going to be free from disruption.

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

It takes some doing but I think that’s the daftest thing I’ve ever seen on here.

That's because  you didn't read my follow up post  ...

Oh I don't know , I think this gem takes some topping :P

On 05/10/2018 at 18:59, terrytini said:

Quite amusing having looked in on this thread and finding pages and pages of people arguing about whether people’s views are ok or ridiculous lol

?....

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

That's because  you didn't read my follow up post  ...

Oh I don't know , I think this gem takes some topping :P

I did read it. Changes nothing.

No idea about the comparison you are making with my Post.

One says it’s funny watching us all fall out about who has the ‘ right’ views of our Manager.

The other is a hugely critical condemnation of our Board by someone who knows nothing about them, and after just 8 weeks......

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I did read it. Changes nothing.

No idea about the comparison you are making with my Post.

One says it’s funny watching us all fall out about who has the ‘ right’ views of our Manager.

The other is a hugely critical condemnation of our Board by someone who knows nothing about them, and after just 8 weeks......

that's a huge assumption on your behalf of course that I know nothing about them

respectfully , I decline your daftest post award and you can put it back on your bedroom shelf , it's still yours

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

that's a huge assumption on your behalf of course that I know nothing about them

respectfully , I decline your daftest post award and you can put it back on your bedroom shelf , it's still yours

Ok, I take it back, it’s a dead cert you are great mates with them both. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Because they came in spoke to Henry (despite the denials) but then stuck with Bruce ... then binned Bruce and all his team without securing a replacement first.

I'm also lead to believe there is also some other background stuff going on that isn't great ...but ,  that isn't my info to share.

200.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Ok, I take it back, it’s a dead cert you are great mates with them both. 

sigh   ...  anyhow's that's me done , enjoy your award , it's well deserved

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

sigh   ...  anyhow's that's me done , enjoy your award , it's well deserved

I always love it when someone says “ sigh”.

Keep your chin up these “ bunch of incompetents” (?) you know so well might not last...

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

The new dawn didn't last long  ..seems we have another bunch of incompetents running the club

Not sUre about that to be honest big tone. We dont know if any reports are true. Also you can't blame the owners if henry did a u-turn because his boyhood club in for him.

Fariaagain if rumours are true you can't help if he is not ready to return to coaching. 

I'll wait and see.

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Because they came in spoke to Henry (despite the denials) but then stuck with Bruce ... then binned Bruce and all his team without securing a replacement first

If you cannot tell us what you allege or where you may have got your info, you really should not be casting aspersions against the club.

9 hours ago, blandy said:

The thing that's a worry is that under Tony Xia, there was a plan (even if half of it was unicorns and rainbows). The plan was this "Villa Engine" gubbins. The consistent application of a single principle throughout the football side of things. Scouting, junior, youth, U-23, senior team - all to have a consistent pattern of play, to recruit younger players with promise, rather than over the hill, or at the peak, expensive players. The CEO working with the manager almost hand in hand, along with the DoF, Steve Round.

The plan had a title ("The Villa Engine") but I don't think that there was thought out strategy of how to put it in to place. There were few indications of how we were going to do this. You mention consistent pattern of play, recruiting younger players with promise etc. but that's really just like me saying I'm going to write a book giving it a title and naming the chapters. What followed after the naming of our plan and outlining thereof was the complete opposite to what was stated. We went and sign the following - I've done an excel table because I am just that sad. That gives an average age of 25 nearly 26. Grand fits with the plan at least from an age profile point of view.

image.png.7c0f1f71ae90cf3a12ed6bf95910df28.png

However consider the transfers the next season give an average age of 32 and I think you'll agree that there has been/is no sell on value to any of these players. We might get a mill for Elmo but that is it.

image.png.c52603c8a5ff73ae77fc0da4c8c1de94.png

Now that is a massive departure from "the villa engine". The plan lasted about 6 months, was then thrown out the window. Poor Tony, Steve Round, Di Matteo and Brucie had about as much of a plan for the club as me going into a take-away when I haven't eaten for 12 hours and the transfer policy reflected this. I look at the menu, decide to buy a kebab with chilli and garlic mayo, chips, curry sauce, pizza, garlic bread, a quarter pounder with cheese and a battered sausage for desert. All those individual items can be fine on their own and some even go together but don't try and fit them all in the one meal because you'll just end up feeling sick and sluggish which is coincidentally how our team is looking at the moment. 

FWIW, I think that the draining of the swamp (God, I hate that phrase) that you have referred to is well under way. Hell there's barely anyone at the club these days. Although as I type that has just changed. Seems there is a plan and they have more in place than just a title and the chapters of the book. Hopefully.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

The plan had a title ("The Villa Engine") but I don't think that there was thought out strategy of how to put it in to place. There were few indications of how we were going to do this. You mention consistent pattern of play, recruiting younger players with promise etc. but that's really just like me saying I'm going to write a book giving it a title and naming the chapters. What followed after the naming of our plan and outlining thereof was the complete opposite to what was stated. We went and sign the following - I've done an excel table because I am just that sad. That gives an average age of 25 nearly 26. Grand fits with the plan at least from an age profile point of view.

image.png.7c0f1f71ae90cf3a12ed6bf95910df28.png

However consider the transfers the next season give an average age of 32 and I think you'll agree that there has been/is no sell on value to any of these players. We might get a mill for Elmo but that is it.

image.png.c52603c8a5ff73ae77fc0da4c8c1de94.png

Now that is a massive departure from "the villa engine". The plan lasted about 6 months, was then thrown out the window. Poor Tony, Steve Round, Di Matteo and Brucie had about as much of a plan for the club as me going into a take-away when I haven't eaten for 12 hours and the transfer policy reflected this. I look at the menu, decide to buy a kebab with chilli and garlic mayo, chips, curry sauce, pizza, garlic bread, a quarter pounder with cheese and a battered sausage for desert. All those individual items can be fine on their own and some even go together but don't try and fit them all in the one meal because you'll just end up feeling sick and sluggish which is coincidentally how our team is looking at the moment. 

FWIW, I think that the draining of the swamp (God, I hate that phrase) that you have referred to is well under way. Hell there's barely anyone at the club these days. Although as I type that has just changed. Seems there is a plan and they have more in place than just a title and the chapters of the book. Hopefully.

I agree. Good post. They lost the plot the last 6 months or so, in s reckless gamble. No argument. My point isn’t that the Xia execution of it was correct, or whatever, merely that I don’t know if there’s a plan now, or if so what it is, or if actions are consistent with any such plan. I doubt anyone does.

CEO Christian Purslow said: “These three appointments represent the start of a new era and direction at Aston Villa and we are delighted to secure their services after an extensive search.

Music to the ears, now let's give Organ some product he can really sell!

Â