The NSWE Board

Guest av1

I've never, even been a fan of boards that interfere with how their manager goes about the building of their team. But with Clark and Elphick being released on loan, and news that RDL could also be off, i just wonder if CP should maybe have had a chat with Bruce along the lines of:

'Steve, we have a CDM at CB, and you want to release all the guys that could possibly play in that position if someone gets injured? What exactly is your plan if Jedinak (who has regularly missed games through injury during his time here), or god forbid Chester, gets injured?

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

I've never, even been a fan of boards that interfere with how their manager goes about the building of their team. But with Clark and Elphick being released on loan, and news that RDL could also be off, i just wonder if CP should maybe have had a chat with Bruce along the lines of:

'Steve, we have a CDM at CB, and you want to release all the guys that could possibly play in that position if someone gets injured? What exactly is your plan if Jedinak (who has regularly missed games through injury during his time here), or god forbid Chester, gets injured?

Bruce's reply? "Plan????" ???????

• Like 1

My post from the WE thread:

Decided to do a bit of research on the Milwaukee Bucks, as basketball is meant to be my thing, to ascertain what it might mean for Villa.

Edens appointed Jason Kidd as head coach just over a month after he purchased the Bucks. I am very familiar with Jason Kidd as a player, but not as coach. Kidd went on to improve the Bucks from a club worst 15 wins from 82 under his predecessor, to achieving 41 wins 41 losses in his first season. He ranked 3rd in the coach of the year awards.

To try and be concise about it, the appointment was made with the view to go from a club all time low, to title contenders. Edens was serious in this ambition. To go from your clubs all time low to achieving a place in the playoffs and giving themselves a shot at fulfilling their ambition within ONE season is no easy feat.

Kidd was given 4 years to try and actualise their goal into a reality, once Edens felt that Kidd was not going to achieve this, he was relieved of his position.

What does this potentially mean for Aston Villa?

1. Edens made an astute appointment. Taking club from all time low to playoffs within one season.
  2. Gave head coach 4 years, a very reasonable amount of time to implement a plan and see results.
  3. Was not afraid to look elsewhere when it became apparent that, whilst vastly improved under Kidd, the Bucks were not achieving their goal.
  4. Speculative at best but Kidd only had one season of coaching experience before he was selected by Edens, could this mean a Lampard/Terry/Gerrard/Henry type signing?

• Like 3

I think everyone is reading to much into Edens. He helped buy the bucks as they had to build a new stadium and the previous owner was ready to sell and move on. I guess he saw Villa as a low price sports franchise worth taking a bit of a gamble as he got it for a good price as Tony was desperate to sell. If we ever someone get promoted than he could make a massive return on investment. If in about 4 years time we are still in the championship he could probably sell on and not lose much on it as well. 

I’m aware it’s early days and I don’t want to sound critical or make it out like I want regular updates like Tony’s tweets. 

But I wouldn’t mind hearing a bit more from the powers that be. Doesn’t even have to be Bruce related, just something vaguely positive “we’re aware of the difficulties we would face this season, but everyone behind the scenes is working....blah blah”. 

Have we even had a welcome interview with Purslow? He’s got plenty to get on with, will no doubt be the reply to that. Ok, but a five minute interview, just saying how pleased he is to be here, ambitious owners etc, standard pleasantries stuff, can’t be too hard to organise.

The silence accompanied with the frequent topping up of the coffers just makes things feel a bit up in the air to me.

13 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m aware it’s early days and I don’t want to sound critical or make it out like I want regular updates like Tony’s tweets. 

But I wouldn’t mind hearing a bit more from the powers that be. Doesn’t even have to be Bruce related, just something vaguely positive “we’re aware of the difficulties we would face this season, but everyone behind the scenes is working....blah blah”. 

Have we even had a welcome interview with Purslow? He’s got plenty to get on with, will no doubt be the reply to that. Ok, but a five minute interview, just saying how pleased he is to be here, ambitious owners etc, standard pleasantries stuff, can’t be too hard to organise.

The silence accompanied with the frequent topping up of the coffers just makes things feel a bit up in the air to me.

Unless it’s a sacking we should never hear from them. 

The top owners are never heard. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Unless it’s a sacking we should never hear from them. 

The top owners are never heard. 

And the chief exec? Not even a hi, how are you?

Edit - fine, on the good quiet owners, although I guess we were just treated to the exception with Randy   ?

Edited by Shropshire Lad

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

And the chief exec? Not even a hi, how are you?

What’s the point. All they are going to say is the same old stuff. Big club, big history, want to get back to winning things it will take time, we have a plan etc... Not that I look out for it, but I do you ever see any comments from owners/ceos from the likes of Utd, liverpool etc?

Â