Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

I’m interested to see what bold changes Bruce makes. I just want to see a defensive selection that makes sense. No Jedi at CB. Play Tuanzebe there. Unfortunately, Bruce will only fiddle with the central midfield: he’ll stick to his guns with the defence: without Bolasie to push Elmo back to RB, Tuanzebe wil continue at full back.

Are Blackburn a particularly physical side? By Bruce’s own logic, if they are, he can stuff Jedi in front of the back four and that would save face a little. If if they’re a speedy team, he’ll play Whelan. He doesn’t fancy BB. 

39 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

TV game, big defeat, “sacked in the morning.” 

Will go one of two ways for me. Repeat of Barnsley last season when like now, his job was on the line...or he truly has lost the dressing room (I think he has btw) and we are beaten despite the new additions.

The ability to move the undroppable Elmo to right back should help to nudge Tuanzebe over which will hopefully give us a bit more balance - I'd prefer one of our other right back options over Elmohamady, but I'm happy to be in a discussion about which players are best in the positions they actually play in.

we had two weeks to plug the massive CB sized hole in our squad and failed - we have huge potential going forwards - today and the rest of our season might depend on whether that explosive front line can win games on rocky foundations. I'm going for a 4-2 Villa win.

• Like 1

Now we have wingers so presumably Elmo will revert back to RB, i guess today we will find out 2 things:

i) If Bruces plsn was to move Axel to CB.

And if so, 

ii) If he's any bloody good there. 

Well, I just hope we give them a game.

when they come at us with intensity, energy and vigour.....i just hope we can find it within ourselves to turn it around and impose ourselves.

Not that much to ask really, in the whole scheme of things.

prediction.....1-1 draw.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Tammy to score a billion goals on his debut and catalyse a 200-game winning streak that culminates in us becoming European champions.

You are Tony Xia and I claim my £5 prize.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hope everyone is right about a right back at right back, and 2 actual central defenders. 

I really fear the line up though! Massive game for Bruce this, positive would be him putting round pegs in round holes, winning, and him being forced to continue with it!