Christian Purslow

villan-scott

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

As I said it's the calibre of the people in the positions not what the job titles are

What you said was, with respect, complete bollocks.

What you said was "You wouldn't get the likes of klopp , poch, mourinho having players brought for them". This is demonstrably false. 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What you said was, with respect, complete bollocks.

What you said was "You wouldn't get the likes of klopp , poch, mourinho having players brought for them". This is demonstrably false. 

Wtf - chill out mate !

I don't think any manager has players imposed on them. It is the degree of control.

Klopp to DOF - get me a proven goalscorer.

DOF - got you this Brazilian - scored 11 goals in the Belgium league last season. Told him to be at training at 9 tommorow.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Wtf - chill out mate !

I don't think any manager has players imposed on them. It is the degree of control.

DOF - got you this Brazilian - scored 11 goals in the Belgium league last season. Told him to be at training at 9 tommorow.....

I'm perfectly chilled out. I just think you're wrong.

Why do you think that's due to Klopp rather than the ambition and the spending power of Liverpool compared to Villa? 

Do you think if Smith was at Liverpool, they'd have signed Wesley, Jota or Samatta?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'm perfectly chilled out. I just think you're wrong.

Why do you think that's due to Klopp rather than the ambition and the spending power of Liverpool compared to Villa? 

Do you think if Smith was at Liverpool, they'd have signed Wesley, Jota or Samatta?

I just don't think it's a cut and dried clear division of duties.

I've heard Smith what he enjoys is coaching on the training ground. He is happy to concede a degree of control to the sporting director/Dof/susso

The next sporting director/manger relationship (job titles may change !) May be different the manager may oversee the training delegating to his coaches the routine stuff (like Mon used to) - he might want a much bigger say / control over transfers.

That doesn't mean he has a blank cheque and endless salary bill.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

I just don't think it's a cut and dried clear division of duties.

I've heard Smith what he enjoys is coaching on the training ground. He is happy to concede a degree of control to the sporting director/Dof/susso

The next sporting director/manger relationship (job titles may change !) May be different the manager may oversee the training delegating to his coaches the routine stuff (like Mon used to) - he might want a much bigger say / control over transfers.

That doesn't mean he has a blank cheque and endless salary bill.

it means we wont be hiring that manager and rightfully so

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

Klopp didnt sign him but the current Liverpool centre forward got 7 goals in the Bundesliga before they spent 29 million on him in 2015

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Let's take the first example, Klopp.

Liverpool have pretty much exactly the same structure as we do - there is a transfer team in place, which includes a DoF, a recruitment head and the manager has his input but isn't the one solely responsible.

You seem to think we're doing something unusual that the top teams don't do. They do it, that's why we're trying to do it too. 

In addition to your correct statement their player recruitment team is probably more experienced and most likely larger than ours. Their scouting network is possibly bigger in terms of size and quality too. If I'm wrong then no doubt someone like Villain4life (who is experienced in the game)  will correct me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

In addition to your correct statement their player recruitment team is probably more experienced and most likely larger than ours. Their scouting network is possibly bigger in terms of size and quality too. If I'm wrong then no doubt someone like Villain4life (who is experienced in the game)  will correct me.

They also made similar mistakes early on like Balotelli, Moreno, Lovren but they built on it

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They also made similar mistakes early on like Balotelli, Moreno, Lovren but they built on it

Of course every team signs duds. However those players you mention at the time nearly won the league title (I think). They were important for the eventual development of liverscum in to winning the league title.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Of course every team signs duds. However those players you mention at the time nearly won the league title (I think). They were important for the eventual development of liverscum in to winning the league title.

They were signed after the 2014 season from the Suarez money along with few others. Markovic was another bust from that time considering his potential 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

They were signed after the 2014 season from the Suarez money along with few others. Markovic was another bust from that time considering his potential 

Ah yes you are correct. However Dejan Lovren has won the league title. Pigs really can fly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Ah yes you are correct. However Dejan Lovren has won the league title. Pigs really can fly.

To go with his Champions League winners medal and a World Cup runners up medal 😂

11 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The owners ambition was to get promoted.

They hired Dean Smith and we got promoted.

Was their ambition to also get relegated?

We've kept Smith (with now one of the worst Villa manager records along with Paul Lambert) and we're looking nailed on to be relegated!

12 hours ago, useless said:

We can't get rid of everyone just because we're having a disappointing season. Overall he seems to be doing a good job and seems to be a good ambassador for the club.

Do we keep the same people that are failing the club then?

All I see him doing is talking the talk so far, I've yet to see anything other than this from him.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

Purslow would have been acting under instruction somewhat by Hicks & Gillet so wouldn't put put too much weight into bin dippers dislike of him during his period there. Also what instruction was he given by NSWE in terms of recruitment strategy and level of autonomy. 

if it means the self serving past it Rafa doesn’t end up here then that’s another reason to keep him for me. 

I would do some homework on Purslow regardless of what we think of Liverpool fans.

It's a bit of a worry.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

11 hours ago, lexicon said:

Let's take the first example, Klopp.

Liverpool have pretty much exactly the same structure as we do - there is a transfer team in place, which includes a DoF, a recruitment head and the manager has his input but isn't the one solely responsible.

You seem to think we're doing something unusual that the top teams don't do. They do it, that's why we're trying to do it too. 

It's more aimed at the type of people that do these "jobs" and not the title they are given. That's the difference

In this case it's Purslow that is coming into doubt along with Suso.

We do have a commitee similar here at Villa, you're right, It's just that ours appears to be made up of a coach out his depth, a Sporting director who hasn't got a clue and a CEO who's got a history for being a charlatan.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Was their ambition to also get relegated?

We've kept Smith (with now one of the worst Villa manager records along with Paul Lambert) and we're looking nailed on to be relegated!

Except Lambert never got relegated 

11 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Of course, I wouldn't dispute that - but it's the same model and I'd bet that's what we're aiming for. Hippo seems to think that any half decent manager would want it ripping up and complete authority over transfers, citing examples like Klopp etc. and I just don't think that'll happen, or should happen. 

• Like 1

Â