Christian Purslow

villan-scott

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

So... Purslow...

Do we think we'll hear from him if we don't sign anyone else?  Do we think we'll hear from him if we do? They usually roll him out when there's a smoothing over to be done with the fans, or something to brag about. 

Take it to the Purslow thread 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tinker said:

As things stand we should not have sold Ings, that may change in the next few hours.

Tbh Anyone that can't see that we are weaker squad now than at the start of the window isn't worth listening to.

Everyone, is entitled to their opinion, no matter how leftfield it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

So... Purslow...

Do we think we'll hear from him if we don't sign anyone else?  Do we think we'll hear from him if we do? They usually roll him out when there's a smoothing over to be done with the fans, or something to brag about. 

Why do we need to hear anything from him in a January transfer window which the manager hasn't already said, or will say.

Or are you lot just looking at something else to rage about?

As i assume that's what anything at all  he said would be met with. lol

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why do we need to hear anything from him in a January transfer window which the manager hasn't already said, or will say.

Or are you lot just looking at something else to rage about?

As i assume that's what anything at all  he said would be met with. lol

Not me! I'm just trying to bring it back on topic. 

And we heard off him after bringing in Digne and Coutinho so I'm wondering if we will do so again or whether he's been given more of a back seat since Emery came in.

To be fair, Gerrard probably needed him to deliver some of the more complex messages. Emery should be quite capable of discussing all our business and Purslow can go back to being a more normal board member.

51 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Need Purslow to speak on the City cheating it's where he can really twist the knife its his area of expertise.

I thought it was recruitment.😃

On 31/01/2023 at 06:15, TRO said:

Everyone, is entitled to their opinion, no matter how leftfield it is.

“Opinions are like arseholes, in that everyone has one. There is great wisdom in this, but I would add that opinions differ significantly from arseholes, in that yours should be constantly and thoroughly examined”.

43 minutes ago, thunderball said:

He has definitely had his wings clipped.

Has he said anything since Emery has been appointed (other than the ground redevelopment)?

I don’t get this type of comment… Not sure he can be accused of being overly  vocal for the sake of it with Gerrard, Smith and only spoke we needed/necessary… has he had any need to speak ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I don’t get this type of comment… Not sure he can be accused of being overly  vocal for the sake of it with Gerrard, Smith and only spoke we needed/necessary… has he had any need to speak ? 

He was the go to rent a quote Premier League CEO for Talksport/Sky whenever was a story about the Premier League like the Super League or Project Restart. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

“Opinions are like arseholes, in that everyone has one. There is great wisdom in this, but I would add that opinions differ significantly from arseholes, in that yours should be constantly and thoroughly examined”.

just not by you.....😛

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was the go to rent a quote Premier League CEO for Talksport/Sky whenever was a story about the Premier League like the Super League or Project Restart. 

Thing is though villa fans are guilty of thinking villa are still this huge club with a great standing in English football and historical significance when in reality with how footballs moved on we're not or at the very least it's slipping away season after season as the sky 6 pull even further away

I will then always moan that lerners problem was he was never vocal over how shit FFP was and is, how silence killed us

So I don't mind him gobbing off, talksport want a vocal representative of the other 14, we see ourselves as next biggest... Of course I want purslow talking

I'll be more worried when something big and relevant in football happens and the media turn to someone from Brighton or Palace

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Thing is though villa fans are guilty of thinking villa are still this huge club with a great standing in English football and historical significance when in reality with how footballs moved on we're not or at the very least it's slipping away season after season as the sky 6 pull even further away

I will then always moan that lerners problem was he was never vocal over how shit FFP was and is, how silence killed us

So I don't mind him gobbing off, talksport want a vocal representative of the other 14, we see ourselves as next biggest... Of course I want purslow talking

I'll be more worried when something big and relevant in football happens and the media turn to someone from Brighton or Palace

the Palace guy has probably replace Purslow as the go to guy as he does a lot of rounds on tv stations now

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah that’s my point … he only speaks when required to and not just for the sake of it … So him being accused of having his wings clipped may or may not be true but lack of recent air time isn’t an indication imo 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Yeah that’s my point … he only speaks when required to and not just for the sake of it … So him being accused of having his wings clipped may or may not be true but lack of recent air time isn’t an indication imo 

His love of the limelight is well known. Which CEO has ever been seen pitch side milking the applause other than Purslow. Project Gerrard was ultimately a vanity project when he treated the club as though it was his own. The purchase of Philip Coutinho was an extension of the same vanity project. 

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

When Gerrard was still here Purslow made lots of comments on future transfers, would we make more signings this window and so on. He was also travelling Europe with Gerrard and Lange, checking out players in Marseille and whatnot.

• 2 weeks later...
Â