Christian Purslow

villan-scott

30 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s bottled it. 

Harsh.  I think it is impossible to discuss wider topics at the moment with the current onfield issues.  So waiting until either results turn around or the manager goes (or both) seems sensible.  That way more valuable time can be spent discussing the future vision for the club rather than being completely hijacked by the debate as to whether Gerrard should be sacked or not.  I'd far rather the fan representatives got time to discuss a variety of topics with the Board and not end up in a toxic "debate" about the future of one member of staff.

• Thanks 1

All that would happen at that AGM would be a venting of spleens for the whole time and almost a mob mentality with repeated questions. 

We are fans, and we're important, but I don't think that would be a good use of one of the few meetings with the club. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's easy to demonstrate  open communication and dialogue with the fans when the going is good. You learn a lot about a person when the shit hits the fan. 

But what is the open communication and dialogue at the moment? 

"Why haven't you sacked the manager?"  "We think he deserves another x matches after the end of the transfer window."  "Well we don't agree - you should sack him now."  "I disagree.  We've just lost to the two form teams in the league."  "Yeah but we also lost to Bournemouth".........

All seems a little pointless.  Better to wait until it is resolved one way or the other and then we can actually spend time talking about a wider range of issues related to the club.

Maybe Purslow is feeling as much heat as Gerrard from our owners, possibly Lange as well. I think it's more Purslow and Gerrard though, I mean our owners had a pretty clear outline how they wanted things to be when they took over and on the pitch its not looked good in the last year or so. Purslow would've also endorsed Gerrard to the owners I reckon, so far it's backing firing. Wasn't there pictures circulating on social media of his and Lange face at the end of one of our recent home games? If I remember right, he didn't exactly look comfortable to be fair. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WHY said:

I’ve been saying for weeks that this guy had been extremely quiet all summer. Something doesn’t add up…

Wasn’t he talking about the stadium just last week? He was never constantly in the limelight. Something and nothing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Wasn’t he talking about the stadium just last week? He was never constantly in the limelight. Something and nothing.

Did you expect them release plans for a new stand and then not say anything more?  For him he’s been suspiciously quiet imo. Time will tell, whatever it is I’m pretty sure we will find out soon!

53 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Purslow where are you?
Sack your friend

Thought Gerrard only had the city game before he was given the boot?  You wouldn’t tell porkies, would you? 

Edited by Tayls

32 minutes ago, WHY said:

Did you expect them release plans for a new stand and then not say anything more?  For him he’s been suspiciously quiet imo. Time will tell, whatever it is I’m pretty sure we will find out soon!

Yes, exactly this.

The only CEOs that regularly communicate during the Summer are those like Dr Tony or the Leeds guy on twitter.

How many others give constant updates? Doubt you'll find many 

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Didn't realise this guy owns a very small % of the club. Might make it difficult if he's backing Gerrard and the owners want him gone.

Wouldn’t the owners just buy out his small share if they wanted to?. I can’t imagine the shareholding makes Purslow bulletproof, it is more of a reward if we as a club do well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allani said:

Harsh.  I think it is impossible to discuss wider topics at the moment with the current onfield issues.  So waiting until either results turn around or the manager goes (or both) seems sensible.  That way more valuable time can be spent discussing the future vision for the club rather than being completely hijacked by the debate as to whether Gerrard should be sacked or not.  I'd far rather the fan representatives got time to discuss a variety of topics with the Board and not end up in a toxic "debate" about the future of one member of staff.

FWIW I think you're absolutely right

But at the same time he wants to reassure fans that the club are working on how long it takes to get served a beer at half time and doesn't want it derailed with questions about us winning football matches... 

He knows what's coming and he's ducked it

Â