Yannick Bolasie

Farlz

30 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Literally know nothing about him other then he was crocked for a year and Has barely played since.... mixed opinions on him on here too, so although I’d like to b excited at the prospect I feel indifference instead. 

One of the most skilful players you’ll ever see.  He once rubbed the grass with his hand one way and then turned the player the other way. Great entertainment. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

One of the most skilful players you’ll ever see.  He once rubbed the grass with his hand one way and then turned the player the other way. Great entertainment. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But can he do it in a wet Tuesday night in, January, away at Rotherham?

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

But can he do it in a wet Tuesday night in, January, away at Rotherham?

Nah he will struggle just like all those foreign fancy Wolves players last year in the harsh winter months ;)

But on a serious note I don’t think any place in the Championship is hard to play at anymore in terms of facilities or state of pitch. Even Rotherham play in New York!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'll be absolutely thrilled if we can sign Bolasie. Will be by far the best signing we've made since dropping into the Championship if it happens. My only concern would be how he would function in a team managed by Steve Bruce - he just doesn't seem like a player Bruce would ordinarily go for or be able to get the best out of at all. Still, haven't been this excited by a possible signing in a long time.

21 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

From excited....

Tooo deflated.

ha ha, i hope he signs and proves me wrong, i def don't think he is a bad player, just not worth 30 million.

many have said he was a lot better than Adomah at Bristol City and Adomah turned out to be awesome for us even if he has gone to dobbins now.

The bloke cost £30m not to long back. Now even with the inflated PL price tags, one would assume that if the injury hasn't ruined him, he will ruin championship. 

I wonder if having his best friend at the club will also see an upturn in form for Albert?

Having the Albert that played so well for the first half of the season on the left, with Bolasie on the right, could be a very exciting prospect. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

The bloke cost £30m not to long back. Now even with the inflated PL price tags, one would assume that if the injury hasn't ruined him, he will ruin championship. 

Got to be worth 90m now with these crazy prices!

Can we sell him?

If we sign him and don’t go up I wouldn’t be able to see this potential signing as anything but a failure. Short termism over buying and developing for the long term. Don’t go up back to square one. 

19 minutes ago, Tony said:

If we sign him and don’t go up I wouldn’t be able to see this potential signing as anything but a failure. Short termism over buying and developing for the long term. Don’t go up back to square one. 

Surely every loan is "short termism"? Maybe we shouldn't bother in that case and just stuck with what we've got? 

4 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Signing a name rather than ability, not surprised. Yannick is shit, if he proves me wrong then fantastic but I can’t see it

Talk about pissing on folks chips 

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Can anyone give a name to this young hungry player we are missing out on in getting Bolasie?

Young and hungry you say

187146_0.jpg

Gotta be honest, whenever I watched him play I never rated him, always tries to do too much and often loses possession. End product usually poor as well. 

I remember being absolutely gobsmacked at how much Everton paid for him

Also being in the same team as Zaha often got praised on the back of Zahas performances, much like how Downing used to get praise for Youngs performances here when he wasnt half the player. Commentators and pundits just state they have exciting wingers and bracket them together. 

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

I remember him dribbling past about 4 of our players, running the entire length of our half, 1 on 1 with guzan and he smashed it against the bar towards the holte. LOL.

He's fun to watch, but his end product is a bit frustrating. Maybe at championship level he'll be better. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Gotta be honest, whenever I watched him play I never rated him, always tries to do too much and often loses possession. End product usually poor as well. 

I remember being absolutely gobsmacked at how much Everton paid for him

As we saw last year with Adama at Boro (who's the most brain dead player I've ever seen), pace gets you a long way in this league, and is something we lack. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

As we saw last year with Adama at Boro (who's the most brain dead player I've ever seen), pace gets you a long way in this league, and is something we lack. 

Bolasies injury would have taken most his pace I fear, knee ligament damage can do that. Not sure nursing him fit for Everton is in our best interest. His goals / assist tally wasnt that great before the injury nevermind after it

Â