John McGinn

PompeyVillan

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I feel slightly ashamed tbh. After loving him and what he did for us helping us get promoted I'm actually starting to despise him being on the pitch.

He works when he plays as an 8/10 hybrid in a counter attacking side that uses hardworking wide wingers. He’s not what he’s being shoehorned into

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He works when he plays as an 8/10 hybrid in a counter attacking side that uses hardworking wide wingers. He’s not what he’s being shoehorned into

No...He just isn't good enough at this level. Too slow moving the ball, awful short range passing, headless chicken and a liability. That's what he is. He's certainly no hybrid because he's not adaptable enough for either an 8 or 10 role at this level. It's plan to see. 

Edited by avfc1982am

I wonder if his off season antics are catching up with him. Reminds me more and more of Hourihane season we came up, just slightly off the pace with everything. 

McGinn is playing badly but he’s not our problem right now. No one player is. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

No...He just isn't good enough at this level. Too slow moving the ball, awful short range passing, headless chicken and a liability. That's what he is. He's certainly no hybrid because he's not adaptable enough for either as an 8 or 10 at this level. It's plan to see. 

When he’s been good and got plaudits under Smith in the Championship and back in the Premier League that’s exactly how he was played. He’s OK (read, okay, not brilliant) at that job at this level, and he would work in a side that plays that way.

We’re not and shouldn’t if we want to progress. Doesn’t make it any less true. I don’t want him in the side either

McGinn deserves to be dropped no doubt but he isn’t the reason we lost tonight, for a start off Emi should do better with both goals. Amazes me the amount of players who are getting away with being shit because it’s down to SG’s tactics but this bloke is constantly getting slaughtered. I’m not going to turn on a good bloke because he’s going through a bad patch, I’ve seen plenty of rocket polishers down the Villa who don’t give a shit, this bloke isn’t one of them!

1 minute ago, WHY said:

McGinn deserves to be dropped no doubt but he isn’t the reason we lost tonight, for a start off Emi should do better with both goals. Amazes me the amount of players who are getting away with being shit because it’s down to SG’s tactics but this bloke is constantly getting slaughtered. I’m not going to turn on a good bloke because he’s going through a bad patch, I’ve seen plenty of rocket polishers down the Villa who don’t give a shit, this bloke isn’t one of them!

He hides when we're in possession and doesn't show for the ball. He is a central midfielder, ffs!

Premier League LIVE: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs and Liverpool all in action - Live - BBC Sport

It has nothing to do with the manager'

FT: Arsenal 2-1 Aston Villa

f6ea3c69-98f2-4657-9128-35fca1ac6b38.jpg

Aston Villa

Aston Villa captain John McGinn: “A bit of naivety. We were standoffish in the first half. Douglas [Luiz] scored a great goal and we were right back in it and then we make the same mistakes over and over again and we were punished. It is about us as players taking responsibility and being more streetwise. We need to start getting results and we are all aware of it

“It would be a bigger problem if the effort wasn’t there. There were a lot more bodies on the line. But we seem to be weak when we score a goal. It is something we have addressed after the game and something we need to improve if we are to take the club where we want to.

“Douglas is super talented and practices those corners all the time. It was no fluke again tonight. Tough to take to concede a goal so soon after.

“If you don’t perform you get criticism and you can either go into your shell and worry or you can puff your chest out and try to do something about it. It is not going to turn overnight.

“It has nothing to do with the manager. Players are put out to do jobs and if we don’t perform those jobs it is our responsibility. Arsenal were in a similar position last season and stuck with it and got it right.”

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Sorry John McGinn you are talking out of a horses arse.

"It has nothing to do with the manager. Players are put out to do jobs and if we don’t perform those jobs it is our responsibility. Arsenal were in a similar position last season and stuck with it and got it right.”"

also 

"
“If you don’t perform you get criticism and you can either go into your shell and worry or you can puff your chest out and try to do something about it. It is not going to turn overnight."

How about over 10 months John?

Truly terrified if McGinn actually believes this tripe. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Â