John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Just now, AshVilla said:

I can't see him being captain for long.

Well Gerrard is unlikely going to change him for a couple of seasons at least so I have to assume you don’t think Gerrard will last long in the job and the new manager will change it?

Wow! I came here for some light relief and it seems Stevie G has named Danny Drinkwater as our new captain! 

As much as many don’t like it, McGinn is an absolute nailed on starter in our team right now. I hope the signing of Kamara will give him a bit more freedom to get forward where I think he’s more effective. 

I’m disappointed that Mings has lost the armband but SJM gets my full backing. Top pro and top lad! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why do people believe the captain isn't droppable? Look at Henderson at Liverpool

And when comparing the competition Mings has to that McGinn has. Mings definitely has the more competition for his place

This is McGinn we're talking about though. Gerrard is already in love with him.

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

This is McGinn we're talking about though. Gerrard is already in love with him.

People outside of a section of Villa fans rate McGinn our best player alongside Martinez 

• Like 1

Its funny as other clubs fans, pundits, other managers and players all seem to love McGinn

Only people who don't are some of the Villa fanbase. Perhaps not exciting or foreign enough. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its funny as other clubs fans, pundits, other managers and players all seem to love McGinn

Only people who don't are some of the Villa fanbase. Perhaps because they are the ones who watch him the most

FTFY

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Only people who don't are some of the Villa fanbase. Perhaps not exciting or foreign enough. 

Or good enough to play a role in an area we’ve struggled in for 3+ seasons. Other fans love Mcginn because he throws himself about the pitch and does the odd turn, Saturday was a perfect example of it.

1 minute ago, sne said:

FTFY

No one watches him more than our manager and training staff. 

Gerrard loves him. Dean Smith loved him. Steve Clarke loves him. 

• Like 2

Â