Top level appointments

romavillan

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

Any news on the DOF and CEO appointments? 

Either Edens and Sawiris are hard at work identifying the perfect people for the roles...

or they can’t be bothered and will get Xia to do both jobs ?

The silence is intriguing though.

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Is our ability to hunt the best of CEO's limited in any financial capacity by our other financial responsibilities, like FFP?

I think his/her salary would contribute to our FFP costs so it may be a consideration.....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Is our ability to hunt the best of CEO's limited in any financial capacity by our other financial responsibilities, like FFP?

I believe the non playing side is not subject to FFP calculations? 

Either way I am very surprised there has been no appointment, I expected this early doors. 

Hopefully someone is currently on gardening leave maybe? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eholm said:

I think his/her salary would contribute to our FFP costs so it may be a consideration.....

If it does contribute to FFP then it would be a consideration, for sure.

Whilst paid a fraction of what a player gets we stumped out over a million per year on Fox.

What I find amazing is, we have discussed negotiation, recruitment and management issues at Villa for some time, better part of a decade now.

Clubs like Everton, Newcastle, Palace are paying their CEO's from 100-500k per year. Palace apparently don't even pay theirs (I find that hard to believe - source was the express).

Villa just seem like everything comes at a premium with a poor standard of delivery in return.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I believe the non playing side is not subject to FFP calculations? 

Either way I am very surprised there has been no appointment, I expected this early doors. 

Hopefully someone is currently on gardening leave maybe? 

Really? That's very interesting then, if they can have anybody then it follows that they'll appoint someone very good. 

Patience is the key here. We are now owned by 2 very successful businessmen who will be fully aware of what is required from a Snr Mgmt perspective. I trust them to make the appropriate appointments accordingly. 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

I don't think there will an appointment anytime soon.  

That would be a pretty big mistake IMO. With Bruce staying, not imposing some sort of new regime from the top down leaves us in a weird limbo. A CEO and a good DOF shoudl be the main concerns now that we know Bruce is going to have a crack at it again. They should be installed asap to start the job of moulding the club's philosophy/direction to meet the new short, medium and long term objectives. I'd expect the DOF to be going through the coaching from the kids up and the scouting to get "the villa way" as they see it established etc. 

As it stands, we are still pretty rudderless, we can clearly not have to worry about folding/administration any more but apart from that we don't appear to have much in the way of direction, on and off the pitch. Especially longer term.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, romavillan said:

That would be a pretty big mistake IMO. With Bruce staying, not imposing some sort of new regime from the top down leaves us in a weird limbo. A CEO and a good DOF shoudl be the main concerns now that we know Bruce is going to have a crack at it again. They should be installed asap to start the job of moulding the club's philosophy/direction to meet the new short, medium and long term objectives. I'd expect the DOF to be going through the coaching from the kids up and the scouting to get "the villa way" as they see it established etc. 

As it stands, we are still pretty rudderless, we can clearly not have to worry about folding/administration any more but apart from that we don't appear to have much in the way of direction, on and off the pitch. Especially longer term.

Have to say I am a bit disappointed and worried that this hasn't been addressed yet.

I was kinda hoping that the new guys had a whole team lined up when they took over but it's been pretty quiet so far.

Hopefully they'll get it right in the end.

Â