Top level appointments

romavillan

Just now, imavillan said:

Whats not to like?

We all know we need a CEO and now we have one. The guy has a lot of experience in football, media and other spheres. I dont see him as a Johnny come lately. He has a lot to offer.

Who shives a git what other fans think of him? Especially the holier than though Liverpool lot !!!

I see it as another step in the right direction.

Because usually there is something behind it isn't there. Would you expect reading fans to listen to us about Bacuna, or Wolves when they had Lambert, or the next sports team brought by Lerner?

2 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

CEO at pool which didn't end well, and managing director at Chelsea. It could be good, but we've seen it all before haven't we.

The only way not to 'have seen it all before' would be to appoint a rookie - I am happier with this option.

Who were you expecting ? - Cortesse ? 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

The only way not to 'have seen it all before' would be to appoint a rookie - I am happier with this option.

Who were you expecting ? - Cortesse ? 

Rookie? Paul Faulkner says hi.

Can you name anyone else than Cortesse? without googling it, probably not.

What I'm saying is it's a guy who's been on the liverpool chelsea merry go round. With not a lot of good press from fans. Similar to Tom Fox.

Plus he is down as a minority investor. Maybe we've been burnt too many times recently and I'm being over critical.

But it doesn't smell of fresh forward thinking to me. I hope i'm 100% wrong.

Just now, villan_007 said:

Rookie? Paul Faulkner says hi.

Can you name anyone else than Cortesse? without googling it, probably not.

What I'm saying is it's a guy who's been on the liverpool chelsea merry go round. With not a lot of good press from fans. Similar to Tom Fox.

Plus he is down as a minority investor. Maybe we've been burnt too many times recently and I'm being over critical.

But it doesn't smell of fresh forward thinking to me. I hope i'm 100% wrong.

I wouldn't know fresh forward thinking to be honest - I don't know what that means 

Paul Faulkner says hi ? - are suggesting he was a good ceo ? - or you would like him to return 

Who would have liked as CEO ? 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

I wouldn't know fresh forward thinking to be honest - I don't know what that means 

Paul Faulkner says hi ? - are suggesting he was a good ceo ? - or you would like him to return 

Who would have liked as CEO ? 

Exactly because we've never had any of it. Someone with a track record of running a club in the modern era.

No the opposite. He was working at Cadbury then all of a sudden he's CEO of villa. There is your Rookie.

I have no names. I couldn't tell you the name of a CEO at most clubs.

My point is this guy has been around the track, with most fans having a bad view of him. Now he is also a minority investor with us and our CEO.

With all that has happened to us over the last 10yrs it doesn't sit right and feels like  more of the same.

21 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Because usually there is something behind it isn't there. Would you expect reading fans to listen to us about Bacuna, or Wolves when they had Lambert, or the next sports team brought by Lerner?

i dont get it.....some fans are never happy no matter what.

Lets go for Richard Branson, Alan Sugar, Tim Cook, Tim Rowan or whoever !!!!

Every person in the world, every CEO of every company in the world have there detractors !!!!! 

We needed a CEO, now we've got one and he's being castigated before he's done anything. Let him do what he has to do. Naswari and Edens are no fools We have to let them all get on with it and at the mo it all seems to be going in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

i dont get it.....some fans are never happy no matter what.

Lets go for Richard Branson, Alan Sugar, Tim Cook, Tim Rowan or whoever !!!!

Every person in the world, every CEO of every company in the world have there detractors !!!!! 

We needed a CEO, now we've got one and he's being castigated before he's done anything. Let him do what he has to do. Naswari and Edens are no fools We have to let them all get on with it and at the mo it all seems to be going in the right direction.

I hope you're right mate. It's about time we were.

Edited by villan_007

It is a step up Liverpool/Chelsea vs Aberdeen/Everton.

At Liverpool he will be associated with the owners of the time and might be a bloody good CEO and brought in great contracts for Chelsea due to his connections.  We need that at the moment.  Financial side with FFP is as important as football side.

Consider this, would you associate Steve Stride with the Disaster of Ellis last few years?  If so then he was a failure, but by most of us who lived through the Ellis years hold Stride in high regard and felt his leaving when Lerner took over was the big mistake by Lerner.

I fell Stride doesn't take the flak as he worked more behind the scenes as Ellis and his Ego always wanted to take center stage.  Perslow was the face of Liverpool at the time with the American Owners hiding in the background.  Makes a big difference to perception.

Ive only seen what Liverpool fans think of him but what do Chelsea say? 

Just now, villan_007 said:

Exactly because we've never had any of it. Someone with a track record of running a club in the modern era.

No the opposite. He was working at Cadbury then all of a sudden he's CEO of villa. There is your Rookie.

I have no names. I couldn't tell you the name of a CEO at most clubs.

My point is this guy has been around the track, with most fans having a bad view of him. Now he is also a minority investor with us and our CEO.

With all that has happened to us over the last 10yrs it doesn't sit right and feels like  more of the same.

So you want someone with a track record of running a club in a modern era - but you have no idea who ?

Most CEO appointments are senior business guys rather than up and coming ex football people.

I think you are being blinded by fancy words that don't actually mean much.

Â