UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Michael Johnson was cracking Khabib. I'm not convinced he's as much of a challenge for Conor as I previously thought.

That being said, he isn't going to be fighting Conor anytime soon. His next fight will be against Ferguson for the number 1 contender spot whilst Conor defends the Featherweight belt which has been inactive now for close to a year.

I see McGregor stripped off his belt. that 3 out of his 4 titles he won that he never defended. Will definite go against him when history is wrote

Easier to win a title than to keep the hunger to defend it against all challengers

:lol::lol:

"Kick him in the dick!"

Sam Alvey and Dylan Andrews probably didn’t expect to burst out into laughter during their fight, but they did.

This comes from Australia where the atmosphere, quiet and subdued, provided the perfect opportunity for a heckler to interject.

“Kick him in the dick.”

Proof that simplicity is the key.

Dylan lowering his hands to protect the low blow really sells it. Everyone in the entire room reacted to it, fighters included. Good on those guys for talking a mutual chuckle-break in action.

The laughter didn’t’ last long though, Sam Alvey took care of Dylan Andrews in 2:16, knocking him out in the first round.

On 2016-11-15 at 16:21, BOF said:

Meanwhile, former sumo ozeki, Baruto Kaito, goes 2-0 in Rizin.  Next round is December 29th :) 

Even I've heard of Wanderlei Silva !

06e9ae0111b3b0dfaf31f26994b0745f.png

Wanderlei Silva just withdrew from RIZIN event and that made Mirko Cro Cop very, very angry

“I just received a message from Rizin Fighting Federation that Wanderlei "the Braveheart" Silva doesn't want to fight me. He gets scared and he changed his mind, but he know it from the beginning. He played tough guy on the press conference in July and he called me out for a fight. Then I said to myself, this man has a guts, but now we all see what is he made of, nothing but shit. Once he was a fearless and true axe murder but now he's just a scared homie and only thing he can kill is his mosquito. And Wanderlei, don't you dare to come to Saitama to see the tournament like a guest because I will slap you like a bitch just like you deserve, you are nothing but a scared bitch and I had so much respect for you as a fighter until now. I suggest a new name for you that will fit you well... WANDERLEI "THE CHICKEN" SILVA.”

• Like 2

So what do we think of McGregor acquiring his boxing licence in California?  Is it a bluff?  Shirley he can't be serious?  I'll give him one thing.  He's entertaining :) 

marketing ploy, sit back and watch the $ roll in from doing nothing other than saying "i want to fight mayweather" read youtube comments to see some people get really really angry at him and share it with comments like "mayweather would kill this fag" etc etc completely oblivious that they are part of a well oiled machine

if anyone asks, he's on the phone to Floyd right now

mcgregor-cash.jpg

I see Fedor has confimed he was offered a contract with UFC, but they couldn't agree on 'matters of promotion'. He fights Matt Mitrione on Feb 18th in Bellator.

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Pettis misses weight by 3 pounds. ... This event is cursed. 

The fight still goes on but only Max can win the belt now....this whole episode just becomes more of a sham!

Why an intrim belt is needed at all (with the real one back in the game) is frankly ridiculous!

• 2 weeks later...

UFC commentator Mike Goldberg leaving the promotion following UFC 207

UFC president Dana White confirmed on Wednesday during a media scrum in Las Vegas that Goldberg will no longer be commentating for the UFC, and that his final broadcast with the promotion will be at this Friday’s UFC 207.

Goldberg, who’s been commentating for the UFC for almost 20 years, began working for the promotion in 1997 starting at UFC 15.5: Ultimate Japan. Throughout the years, Goldberg’s has been known as the main commentator for the UFC, along side with his partner, color commentator Joe Rogan.

Nobody will ever say 'Corn Nuts - Corn to the Core' with such conviction. He'll be a loss.

Rogan will walk away soon enough too. He's already dropped how many events he covers. And I doubt the new money behind the UFC likes him or his views much.

Â