UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

I raised the point on the gloves as you seemed to be making a much bigger point of them than they are. As said above, gloves or no gloves, it's still boxing.

I'm actually somehow annoyed this conversation is even being had. It almost legitimises something that is just inherently stupid. They aren't going to fight.

45 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I raised the point on the gloves as you seemed to be making a much bigger point of them than they are. As said above, gloves or no gloves, it's still boxing.

I'm actually somehow annoyed this conversation is even being had. It almost legitimises something that is just inherently stupid. They aren't going to fight.

Why you getting annoyed? Seems like a logical and interesting debate to me with good points raised :)

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

The reason the fight isn't going to happen is because Mayweather won't take it. No way. Literally nothing to gain.

If he was one of those boxers that spunked all their wealth away then yes, maybe, but he seems quite savvy with his money.

I am not a mayweather fan but he is a very intelligent guy. He would probably win but its still a risk for him. He wont take the fight. I would be inclined to say he would more likely take on Pac man (and again thats very unlikely)

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There isn't a fight for him to take. It's McGregor trying to raise his profile by tapping into Mayweather's circle of influence (i.e. boxing fans).

You dont think Mcgregor would take the fight if Mayweather said yes? Mcgregor would 100% take it if they paid him enough

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You dont think Mcgregor would take the fight if Mayweather said yes? Mcgregor would 100% take it if they paid him enough

I've literally no idea how you came to that conclusiobn from what @Chindie wrote there.  He implied nothing of the sort :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

McGregor knows there will be contractual issues with the UFC that would prevent it.

There isn't a fight there. It's just talk to push his (and the UFC's) brand. Of there's something that McGregor is the best at on the UFC, it's using his mouth to line his pocket one way or another.

It's worked because even someone who doesn't really like McGregor that much, me, has ended up talking about him for a few pages over absolutely nothing of any merit. Extrapolate that over the entire net and he's done more than the UFC marketing team could dream of.

• Like 1

If the money is right this will be seriously be considered. Now Mayweather really values his legacy, so although he'll clearly want boxing rules, he needs to have it a little gimicky so he can separate it from his boxing record should he lose. MMA gloves is one idea, maybe boxing in an Octagon? I've no idea how that would change things fro a boxing match but it makes a huge difference in MMA, i..e, comparing Pride to UFC fights.

• Like 1

Bolt vs Phelps on the pool...

Anyway. GSP doesn't look like he'll be back any time soon. Negotiations for 206 fell through and he's now taking about potentially going elsewhere. I'm starting to wonder if we'll see him fight again. I remember hearing one major issue was the Reebok deal which I don't see him getting round.

Also Fight Night double header this weekend. Hall v Mousassi might be interesting. Hall with spectacular KO or Mousassi to dominate? I'd go with the latter.

16 hours ago, Chindie said:

Bolt vs Phelps on the pool...

Anyway. GSP doesn't look like he'll be back any time soon. Negotiations for 206 fell through and he's now taking about potentially going elsewhere. I'm starting to wonder if we'll see him fight again. I remember hearing one major issue was the Reebok deal which I don't see him getting round.

Also Fight Night double header this weekend. Hall v Mousassi might be interesting. Hall with spectacular KO or Mousassi to dominate? I'd go with the latter.

Nice to have the Belfast card not being at silly a clock. Lets go Cedenblad

Â