UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Mayweather vs McGregor is just a farce, I would rather watch David Haye vs his postman as that might be more competitive

surely the fact McGregor seems to be again going out of his way not to defend his titles needs to be looked at, as said before I believe he has won 4 belts and has zero defences. a paper champion

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mayweather vs McGregor is just a farce, I would rather watch David Haye vs his postman as that might be more competitive

surely the fact McGregor seems to be again going out of his way not to defend his titles needs to be looked at, as said before I believe he has won 4 belts and has zero defences. a paper champion

I think there are legitimate excuses/reasons for not defending his titles up to now.  Moving up in weight divisions can't be used as a stick to beat him with, given that very few fighters have the balls to do that.  And he did go back for Diaz after a defeat, which could have been a hiding to nothing.  But I do think that right now, his next UFC fight has to be a defence, if only because he's running out of weight divisions.  I get the impression the whole UFC fanbase wants his next fight to be Nurmagomedov.  Hopefully he can beat Ferguson on March 4th.  Although I still doubt he'll take that fight, or be given it.  It remains to be seen whether he jumps out of UFC altogether, before or after any Mayweather matchup.  If he does that then no doubt he'll get called things like papere champion, but I suspect he'll also get called good things too, because he's doing things no-one else is doing, and that's worth something too.

• Like 1

Unless it turns out that Mayweather v McGregor is actually a chess-boxing match, then there's no way I'm wasting time on it.  It seems like the sort of nonsense matchup that Vince M would pull out at Wrestlemania...  <Insert Kenneth W Image here etc and so forth>

• Like 1

Dammit, Fedor vs Mitrione got cancelled at the last minute. Kidney stone problem for Mitrione are the reports. Poor Bellator, and on top of it Koscheck looked like a bum when losing to one. And Josh Thompson got headbutted and then KOd. Not even the UFC scrapheap are helping them.

Edited by Tegis

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2017 at 13:11, Tegis said:

Well well. Suck it Yoel, make it deep.

Bisping to go for the full set of legends past their prime? What's Couture up to these days? ;)

31 minutes ago, Tegis said:

wie9vyk3sw02kyurjpvm.jpg

Such a complete and utter asshat. Supposedly Tony mocked him at the photo-op yesterday saying "Enjoy your cut!", so it was pretty obvious he was a bit on the flabby side.

Mega card to ok card, rocket polisher! 

On 04/03/2017 at 07:53, Brumstopdogs said:

Gutted Khabib vs Tony called off:bang:

I don't know a whole heap about combat sports but weight cutting is so stupid and dangerous.

Just make them stand on the scales in the ring 5 seconds before they fight.

Holy crap, Edson does it again

giphy.gif

And cant fault Rob Whitefords choke on the regional circuit either

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

Â