Wes Edens

NurembergVillan

On 28/12/2018 at 09:28, Dave-R said:

The fact Wes says he looked at other things like a couple of things in the premiere and then ultimately decided on our club, makes me proud to have Wes as our owner as well as Nas.

The pair most likely had other possibilities  that would of generated money for them quicker yet it looks like they went for the challenge and one with historical importance to the sport.

It certainly seems that we have two owners who will take care in what they do at Villa and are determined to bring our club back to successful ways.

Being a gamer and all I enjoy the fact that Wes has his own league of legends team on esports, those teams don't half generate some money, it's crazy exports is. Wes should get an esports fifa team on the go, should bring his dream team of players alive on who he would like to see at aston villa..

Think that's wishful thinking. 

More that xia was in a mess and it was an opportunity that represented good value. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fortress Investment Group is reported to be in talks with a Danish pension fund LD Fonde to buy its 29 per cent stake in Parken Sport & Entertainment, the events company which owns the club.

Wonder how that would affect our club then. Would this mean the swapping of youth talent and an easier scale for which they have to play football and access to more training camps so on???

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Be useful to share Copenhagen's scouting network that's for sure.

Yes it could prove very popular, I wonder if that's fortresses plan to build an empire of clubs at least one in every country. That would be something of a mission but ambitious. I could see Youth development taking a turn for the better if they get this deal..

When Udinese and Watford first linked up, Udinese were definitely the bigger club, but the potential for Watford, purely through being in the English league was always there.

Our ceiling is higher than Copenhagen's despite them appearing in the Champions League a few times in the last few years.

In conclusion, give us all yer best Scandis.

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

When Udinese and Watford first linked up, Udinese were definitely the bigger club, but the potential for Watford, purely through being in the English league was always there.

Our ceiling is higher than Copenhagen's despite them appearing in the Champions League a few times in the last few years.

In conclusion, give us all yer best Scandis.

Mmm I'll settle for that if we trade off some of our waste lol.. 

Wes sold his stake in Fortress a year ago.  Not sure if he is still involved in some capacity though.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2018/01/03/milwaukee-bucks-wes-edens-completes-sale-of-his.html 

Milwaukee Bucks co-owner Wes Edens closed the previously announced sale of the firm he co-founded, Fortress Investment Group LLC, for $3.3 billion in cash to Japan’s SoftBank Group Corp.

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Yes it could prove very popular, I wonder if that's fortresses plan to build an empire of clubs at least one in every country. That would be something of a mission but ambitious. I could see Youth development taking a turn for the better if they get this deal..

And what happend with our cooperation with the clubs in India that Chris Samuelson so nicely presented? 😄 

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Wes or his associates reads what is said about him in supporter forums like this, so let's be respectful and show the class of villa fans while posting about his family eh 😄 (not suggesting anyone hasn't been)

(damn that was a stiff and boring post!)  

You hid your inner thoughts well. 

Well done son.

• Haha 3

Â