Wes Edens

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Wes sold his stake in Fortress a year ago.  Not sure if he is still involved in some capacity though.

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2018/01/03/milwaukee-bucks-wes-edens-completes-sale-of-his.html 

As per the article he sold his stake but will still play a role for a minimum of 5 years so I guess this has nothing to do with Villa as such and more to do with purchasing a stake within the stadium / club.... which if I’m correct Is the national stadium and also a major concert venue .... oh and with one of Denmark’s top teams attached to it .... I can see some mutually beneficial crossover happening, but I don’t think it’s the start of a villa global sporting team empire ala Citeh IMO .... 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Can certainly see the model they intend to employ at Villa. Buy Villa for £40 mill, keep our better players cos loaded, buy better players cos loaded, make it entertaining cos loves soccerball, get promoted and Villa's value can be anything north of £300 mill going on what Ashley wanted for NUFC. And they don't even strike me as wanting to sell at that point, I reckon they'll want to taste some serious success with this project. 

12 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Yes they were very similar to Villa when he took them over.  Aging players and the club not really going anywhere.  Certainly turned them around in 5 years and wasn't scared to invest.  Looked at younger players.  The bucks are currently the topped ranked team in the NBA this season.

We just have to have patience as Villa fans, it will take time to build a proper foundation again.

As much as I hope this will occur, it's a completely different system. In the NBA you can turn your franchises fortunes around on the back on one great player, which they now have in "The Greek Freak". They took a chance on drafting him and have hit the jackpot. Hopefully some of their luck rubs off on us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

As much as I hope this will occur, it's a completely different system. In the NBA you can turn your franchises fortunes around on the back on one great player, which they now have in "The Greek Freak". They took a chance on drafting him and have hit the jackpot. Hopefully some of their luck rubs off on us.

If only we had one of those and tried to do the same 🤔

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

The LA Lakers say hi 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I rather like the statement released by the club RE Grealish, extremely direct and puts even more heat on that disgusting, pathetic excuse for a 'football club'.

Yep. Everyone should go to town on them.

35 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I rather like the statement released by the club RE Grealish, extremely direct and puts even more heat on that disgusting, pathetic excuse for a 'football club'.

Anything (if any) will come from Purslow...something strong needs to be done to protect players...he could have had a knife for instance!!

A points deduction and fine will surely make clubs be more vigilant!

4 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Anything (if any) will come from Purslow...something strong needs to be done to protect players...he could have had a knife for instance!!

A points deduction and fine will surely make clubs be more vigilant!

Their next home game should be behind closed doors as a minimum, that should continue until it can be seen that no repeat is possible. Plus a fine for not being able to secure the safety of the players, points deduction I don't know really as it wasn't a sporting incident, it was one of their fans and a failure of the binners to control their bin dipping horde.

Â