Wes Edens

NurembergVillan

12 hours ago, A'Villan said:

It's not all bad, you've got Maker and Delly on your roster!

Was Kidd really that bad? You stuck with him for 4 years?! I haven't watched the Bucks outside of a few Giannis highlight reels so wouldn't know.

I don't like what I'm reading when you write that description of events regarding the replacement of the GM, but no two situations are the same so here's hoping Edens is learning from the mistakes he has made with your Bucks.

The Bucks have a lot of middling talent that they overpaid and while they will produce results, they will not win a championship without some major changes.

Not sure how much of the issues land on squarely on Edens or the fact there are three "owners", but it has been a rocky start despite some of the good that has happened.  Things are getting better, so maybe they are learning they are not sports people and they need to just be the money behind the scenes.  The fact that they have clearly defined roles with Villa (Sawiris as head chair, Edens below him), should hopefully help.  With the Bucks, they all have equal power, so they vote on decision and that leads to a lot of the sloppiness.

• Like 1

I just watched an interview with Edens when he first took over the Bucks. He said he wanted the stadium and surrounding areas to be a place where people could hang out even when games weren't on. Looking at the surrounding areas today he clearly has a lot of work to do, but any hope of getting our villa theme park should be encouraged! ?

4 hours ago, Otter said:

The Bucks have a lot of middling talent that they overpaid and while they will produce results, they will not win a championship without some major changes.

Not sure how much of the issues land on squarely on Edens or the fact there are three "owners", but it has been a rocky start despite some of the good that has happened.  Things are getting better, so maybe they are learning they are not sports people and they need to just be the money behind the scenes.  The fact that they have clearly defined roles with Villa (Sawiris as head chair, Edens below him), should hopefully help.  With the Bucks, they all have equal power, so they vote on decision and that leads to a lot of the sloppiness.

Who isn't overpaid in sport!?

I'm a Bulls fan and it was frustrating to see Sacremento put 80 million on the table, forcing us to match it.

On 02/08/2018 at 15:48, Made In Aston said:

I just watched an interview with Edens when he first took over the Bucks. He said he wanted the stadium and surrounding areas to be a place where people could hang out even when games weren't on. Looking at the surrounding areas today he clearly has a lot of work to do, but any hope of getting our villa theme park should be encouraged! ?

Clearly hasn't spent much time in witton so. Not the kind of place you'd wanna hang out in.

• 4 weeks later...

Decided to do a bit of research on the Milwaukee Bucks as basketball is meant to be my thing to ascertain what it might mean for Villa.

Edens appointed Jason Kidd as head coach just over a month after he purchased the Bucks. I am very familiar with Jason Kidd as a player, but not as coach. Kidd went on to improve the Bucks from a club worst 15 wins from 82 under his predecessor, to achieving 41 wins 41 losses in his first season. He ranked 3rd in the coach of the year awards.

To try and be concise about it, the appointment was made with the view to go from a club all time low, to title contenders. Edens was serious in this ambition. To go from your clubs all time low to achieving a place in the playoffs and giving themselves a shot at fulfilling their ambition within ONE season is no easy feat.

Kidd was given 4 years to try and actualise their goal into a reality, once Edens felt that Kidd was not going to achieve this, he was relieved of his position.

What does this potentially mean for Aston Villa?

1. Edens made an astute appointment. Taking club from all time low to playoffs within one season.
  2. Gave head coach 4 years, a very reasonable amount of time to implement a plan and see results.
  3. Was not afraid to look elsewhere when it became apparent that, whilst vastly improved under Kidd, the Bucks were not achieving their goal.
  4. Speculative at best but Kidd only had one season of coaching experience before he was selected by Edens, could this mean a Lampard/Terry/Gerrard/Henry type signing?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, KMitch said:

Saw this on Twitter @villareport 

Interesting...

The fact Wes says he looked at other things like a couple of things in the premiere and then ultimately decided on our club, makes me proud to have Wes as our owner as well as Nas.

The pair most likely had other possibilities  that would of generated money for them quicker yet it looks like they went for the challenge and one with historical importance to the sport.

It certainly seems that we have two owners who will take care in what they do at Villa and are determined to bring our club back to successful ways.

Being a gamer and all I enjoy the fact that Wes has his own league of legends team on esports, those teams don't half generate some money, it's crazy exports is. Wes should get an esports fifa team on the go, should bring his dream team of players alive on who he would like to see at aston villa..

50 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Lol ffs! I am no Mystic Meg

Its a good job you are no mystic meg either, glad you got it wrong or I feel the people on this site would have your head on a pike with Henry's bad start, we mite as well of kept bruce lol.

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

The fact Wes says he looked at other things like a couple of things in the premiere and then ultimately decided on our club, makes me proud to have Wes as our owner as well as Nas.

The pair most likely had other possibilities  that would of generated money for them quicker yet it looks like they went for the challenge and one with historical importance to the sport.

It certainly seems that we have two owners who will take care in what they do at Villa and are determined to bring our club back to successful ways.

Being a gamer and all I enjoy the fact that Wes has his own league of legends team on esports, those teams don't half generate some money, it's crazy exports is. Wes should get an esports fifa team on the go, should bring his dream team of players alive on who he would like to see at aston villa..

FlyQuest beat out quite a few HUGE esports teams (Immortals, Dignitas, etc.) to join the NALCS last year.  Wes is also the only sole team owner in that league, which says a lot about FlyQuest's business plan/financial backing. 

Â