Wes Edens

NurembergVillan

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not a basketball fan but Bucks are good or bad. Anybody know? 

Like others said, they've improved. Worth to note too that Milwaukee is one of the most challenging NBA locations to build a winner.

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

8% of the company he part owns is worth was worth £600m in 2009.  Looks like he actually has money that's his own unlike Dr. Con-artist. 

Owning a company does not mean that you have liquid cash. Xia owns companies worth hundreds of millions. You should read more. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Mallory-Edens-Bucks.jpg

marry her off to a brummie to seal the deal...

Yep, doable!   Let's get her posting on VT as the new "general". 

Edited by ferguson1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the other guy is the man with the money, wes is the sports club owner, i think he's the important one

I’d say that they’re both very important in different ways. Hopefully they’re both very competent with their tasks and the job at hand. 

So do Edens and Sawiris have history together?

Are they friends?   Other business ventures together?

If not, is it a bit strange that they have joined forces to buy Villa?  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cream City Villan said:

Long time lurker and Villa fan for the past 5 years here from Milwaukee (currently live blocks from the new Bucks arena). I’d say the jury’s still out if Wes has been a good owner. Yes, he’s building the new arena, but it’s mostly being financed by the taxpayers after he threatened to move the franchise out of Milwaukee. Everyone understands it’s not easy building a successful small town sports franchise though. Just my two cents. UTV

This and other posts in this thread is what I just love with this forum. We have a new owner from the other side of the globe and swoosh we have fans living nearby who can give an insight to the rest of us of who he is, thanks a lot! ? Feel free to share any info or opinions you guys have about him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

So do Edens and Sawiris have history together?

Are they friends?   Other business ventures together?

If not, is it a bit strange that they have joined forces to buy Villa?  

I was wondering the same, there must be thousands of competent sports club owners out there, I wonder how Sawiris and Edens linked up.

35 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I was wondering the same, there must be thousands of competent sports club owners out there, I wonder how Sawiris and Edens linked up.

Basketball 

Â