Wes Edens

NurembergVillan

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wes talks about us at the end of this segment (skip to 13:30) to see the sheer pride he has when asked about Villa. He said UTV with such a smile. What a guy. 

Actually seems like he gives a shit. It’s seems like Villa is more than a business investment, it looks like he’s becoming a supporter 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wes talks about us at the end of this segment (skip to 13:30) to see the sheer pride he has when asked about Villa. He said UTV with such a smile. What a guy. 

He seems very very invested in the champions league angle there. No mention of the conference league, although clearly led by the interviewer. Very very informed answer about the champions league places (yeah it's easy I know, but it does show he's following the table closely)

Suggests that may well be his priority anyway.

17 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Always happens, anybody who gets involved in our club ends up falling in love. Our club is infectious.

Apart from Steve Bruce and DOL :D 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He seems very very invested in the champions league angle there. No mention of the conference league, although clearly led by the interviewer. Very very informed answer about the champions league places (yeah it's easy I know, but it does show he's following the table closely)

Suggests that may well be his priority anyway.

The press release for Unai’s deal from Nas mentioned restoring us to those heights. Both are extremely rich and extremely ambitious. It’s also wonderful to see their respective passions for the club. We are truly blessed with these owners who understand that the next big step for us to succeed is CL football financially. 

Edens was quoted not long after they bought us, possibly after the promotion iirc, what his big aim with the club was and the answer was simply 'Champions League'.

That's where the money is. That's what he wanted.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

He's one smart cookie.  His knowledge about local, national and global features across multiple industries is staggering, flawlessly moving from one subject to another on the fly.

Also seems awake to potential issues with the wars etc.  The really really smart successful people are the ones who divest BEFORE shit hits the fan.  Then normally reinvest at the bottom of the cycle.

This is a one very serious guy.

Get Brightside building HS2 to Manchester and Birmingham metro to Star City via Villa Park I say.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Dump her.

58 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

My partner sure hasn't fallen in love with us despite my best efforts!!

Get this dilemma in the relationship advice thread. 

But I concur with @Sidcow, send her to Dumpsville, population one, her. 

• Haha 1

I'm always envious of people who can speak as eloquently and as confidently as Edens and this was a great watch. It's awesome to see his pride in what we're achieving this season and, hopefully, for many seasons to come.

He even somehow made me give a damn about rail infrastructure on the west coast of the US!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

My partner sure hasn't fallen in love with us despite my best efforts!!

You mean the warts and aids isn't infectious enough for her?

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's one smart cookie.  His knowledge about local, national and global features across multiple industries is staggering, flawlessly moving from one subject to another on the fly.

Also seems awake to potential issues with the wars etc.  The really really smart successful people are the ones who divest BEFORE shit hits the fan.  Then normally reinvest at the bottom of the cycle.

This is a one very serious guy.

Get Brightside building HS2 to Manchester and Birmingham metro to Star City via Villa Park I say.

The acumen of NSWE has flown under the radar for many years now. Success on the pitch puts more eyes on us. However, that is slowly changing and the sheer ambition of them and financial strength will continue. The project is still in its infancy under Unai. 

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Actually seems like he gives a shit. It’s seems like Villa is more than a business investment, it looks like he’s becoming a supporter 

We all get the bug, I genuinely feel like the majority of our players love the club as well.

As in, not just a " job " for them anymore.

I love how he can reel off our league position vis a vis Spurs off the top of his head. Easy for a fan to do of course but I think a lot of owners might not necessarily have that information immediately in their heads. Shows how much he's invested in it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He seems like he is all over our performance and what we need to do over the next 3-4 weeks. Easy for an owner to have some stock lines about how happy they are and hope to get champions league but it comes across fake. He seemed fully aware and understands fully what’s going on through his own knowledge not having to be told which suggest to me he really follows everything very closely probably from a financial perspective but also as a supporter wanting success for the club

• Like 1

Â