Wes Edens

NurembergVillan

33 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I love how he can reel off our league position vis a vis Spurs off the top of his head. Easy for a fan to do of course but I think a lot of owners might not necessarily have that information immediately in their heads. Shows how much he's invested in it.

Did you not hear his geopolitical comments.

Guy has a brain the size of a planet.

image.png.30b4d25ef975fca0fdbb71ee35ce5e2e.png

• Haha 2

God. Stupid Americans eh... unable to articulate a single sentence and not knowing what is going on outside of their own country. ....

Btw.  Genius idea to connect vegas and LA by rail.  90 percent of those 50 million trips a year would be done hungover. Now u just jump on a train. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

God. Stupid Americans eh... unable to articulate a single sentence and not knowing what is going on outside of their own country. ....

Btw.  Genius idea to connect vegas and LA by rail.  90 percent of those 50 million trips a year would be done hungover. Now u just jump on a train. 

Also from the UK visiting Vegas gives you option of flight to LA then train to Vegas. Seems a good idea.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

How many barf buckets per carriage?

• Haha 2

Mention on CNBC, lovely bit of PR from him,  mentioned our history, the amazing turn around being a record. You can see the game plan straight away, she was obviously prompted to ask about us. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

My partner sure hasn't fallen in love with us despite my best efforts!!

Not shown her pics of Alex Moreno I see.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Hmm who owns CNBC? Oh look a division of our new Atairos buddies Comcast.

Don't they have an interest in sky as well......can see a few changes coming 

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Hmm who owns CNBC? Oh look a division of our new Atairos buddies Comcast.

Wheels within wheels. Comcast own SKY so expect changes here soon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We all get the bug, I genuinely feel like the majority of our players love the club as well.

As in, not just a " job " for them anymore.

There's a few zeros that may help with that, but I get your point 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Thanks for sharing that.

This youtube link skips straight to the Villa bit for convenience:

Not a bad try, but he didn't mention our xG, which, as everyone knows is the only true statistic, so he has a bit more learning to do. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Not a bad try, but he didn't mention our xG, which, as everyone knows is the only true statistic, so he has a bit more learning to do. 🙂

And possession remember.  we've had some dreadful wins with low possession stats this season. That needs to change.

• Like 1

An extremely knowledgeable man, I’ve seen him on Bloomberg a few times and you can see how he came to run money and build up fortress, a very analytical and strategic mind. As mentioned upthread, his long term approach/patient capital will Reap rewards in multiple industries, notably Aston Villa! 

47 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

An extremely knowledgeable man, I’ve seen him on Bloomberg a few times and you can see how he came to run money and build up fortress, a very analytical and strategic mind. As mentioned upthread, his long term approach/patient capital will Reap rewards in multiple industries, notably Aston Villa! 

How did he and Nass come together?

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, TRO said:

How did he and Nass come together?

I seem to remember in the early days something about them being acquaintances at some billionaires club and started watching The World Cup together where they each recognised their love of sport and hatched a plan to buy a football club together. 

A bit like your mates might decide to buy a few shares in a racehorse together in order to enjoy the sport more, only costing a few hundred million extra. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I seem to remember in the early days something about them being acquaintances at some billionaires club and started watching The World Cup together where they each recognised their love of sport and hatched a plan to buy a football club together. 

A bit like your mates might decide to buy a few shares in a racehorse together in order to enjoy the sport more, only costing a few hundred million extra. 

The Billionaires Boys Club eh!

Â