World Cup : Round of 16

BOF

That total football thing the back 6 do has you shitting your pants at times .  Unless you're Xavi era Barcelona you'll get punished sooner rather than later , but it is fun to watch .

Was great to see Southgate go nuts at the end.

• Like 1

England deserved that, Colombia didn't attempt to play football in first 80 minutes.

I'm happy the negative penalty cycle has been broken aswell. All England penalties were good, even the missed one was in the corner.

Think after this and another tight one v Sweden they'll be drained by semi final if they win the QF.

Croatia big favourites to progress from this half if they keep their heads together imo.

England just don't create enough from open play to seriously threaten to win this competition imo.

Just be thankful it isn't Brazil/Uruguay/France after this game! Maybe Southgate did know what he was doing v Belgium....

• Like 1

Jesus that was hard work. I didn’t watch the shoot out, I sat in the garden with the cat. Obviously the whole country should be sending me thanks. You’re all welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Jesus that was hard work. I didn’t watch the shoot out, I sat in the garden with the cat. Obviously the whole country should be sending me thanks. You’re all welcome.

I couldn't face it either! 

Trippier admitting he got it wrong for their goal. I hope Southgate and others give him a pep talk, he is a very good right back in the making. Nice to hear him be so honest too.

• Like 1

Might be a broad generalisation of a continent but I have no time for South American nations playing football. Petty much all of them are despicable cheats. 

• Like 3

Even the Henderson penalty was bloody good. Hard and just by the post. Just the height a bit wrong and the save was nothing short of amazing.

Good on ya Gareth

Edited by Tegis
speeeling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dick said:

Trippier admitting he got it wrong for their goal. I hope Southgate and others give him a pep talk, he is a very good right back in the making. Nice to hear him be so honest too.

He is 27 going on 28. I dont think he will get much better than this

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

England deserved that, Colombia didn't attempt to play football in first 80 minutes.

I'm happy the negative penalty cycle has been broken aswell. All England penalties were good, even the missed one was in the corner.

Think after this and another tight one v Sweden they'll be drained by semi final if they win the QF.

Croatia big favourites to progress from this half if they keep their heads together imo.

England just don't create enough from open play to seriously threaten to win this competition imo.

Just be thankful it isn't Brazil/Uruguay/France after this game! Maybe Southgate did know what he was doing v Belgium....

Yes its all fell in place. I think this is our best chance since 1990 to go as far as the final. I don't think we were great tonight but you never know! We might never have a better opportunity to win the world cup again. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes its all fell in place. I think this is our best chance since 1990 to go as far as the final. I don't think we were great tonight but you never know! We might never have a better opportunity to win the world cup again. 

Key was finishing second, can't believe Southgate got all the flak for "losing momentum" when it's a piss easy route compared to Brazil and France which is what Belgium have got.

France or Brazil would beat England comfortably imo, would match them physically and obviously have the game changing players like Neymar and Mbappe. For once that sort of opponent won't be waiting for England in the quarters.

Croatia weren't great the other night but think they'll tire England out with their possession, need to beat Russia and Putin VAR of course first. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I love South American football but Colombia been an embarrasment tonight.

I admit I don't watch a great deal of it but I have to say most South American players in this world cup have displayed scumbag like tendencies. Cheating, diving, play acting, etc

Hoping Neymar breaks his leg on Friday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â