Time for a takeover

Jareth

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Doesn't the press release say that they have already been approved by the EFL?

The deal has and the investment has, they need to as individuals in order to be directors on the board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hiney said:

This thread is priceless, an absolute wankfest relishing in us going into administration to us being the jammiest club in the world ?? it's absolutely glorious 

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2528869,page=1

We are not jammy, when the opportunity to buy a top quality diamond on the cheap arrives then people with money will be queuing up to buy. However, in their case nobody is queuing up to buy a turd no matter how cheap it is.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

**** Ali, he's overated. I'd take Trippier instead.

I dunno, don’t forget we already have quite a few right backs on the books in Hutton, Bree, Elmo and De Laet. ?

55 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

One of Nassef Sawiris Buisnesses (OCI) has Bill Gates as a Shareholder. What I like about these two is they are both traceable, they both have their companies listed on Stock Exchanges, so lot's of transparency. It's early days, but these guys could be very good for us. I'm excited 

I agree.....traceability, crucial for substance.

I am just thankful that we can pay the bills.....The rest, I will see how it unfolds, false dawns and all that.

We must remind ourselves that QPR had very rich owners, but didn't spend much................its their intentions that will be interesting to see, but whatever it is, at least it looks like they are who they say they are, that in itself is a plus.

I am not expecting too much, just gradual, sensible progression......If they want to fast track that, it looks like they have the wherewithal to do it.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

I agree.....traceability, crucial for substance.

I am just thankful that we can pay the bills.....The rest, I will see how it unfolds, false dawns and all that.

We must remind ourselves that QPR had very rich owners, but didn't spend much................its their intentions that will be interesting to see, but whatever it is, at least it looks like they are who they say they are, that in itself is a plus.

I am not expecting too much, just gradual, sensible progression......If they want to fast track that, it looks like they have the wherewithal to do it.

Trying not to go off topic but QPR's owners spent loads!  They just spent way too much of it on overpaid players that were passed it and then the spending was reigned in by FFP!   Sounds familiar. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Trying not to go off topic but QPR's owners spent loads!  They just spent way too much of it on overpaid players that were passed it and then the spending was reigned in by FFP!   Sounds familiar. 

That must have been  some time ago, though.....no big name players in their team.

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know we all hate xia right now but it sounds like he held out for the right people. 

I honestly thing the main reason for the crisis was Wyness.  I wouldn’t even be suprised if that 3 team and plan if didn’t get promoted bollox was even sold to Tony. End of the day you would trust your CEO. 

Would love to hear the truth one day. 

I’m not sure what the truth is either as I read earlier that these were the guys Wyness was trying to line up initially and got the boot for it!

Although not known as the voice of reason, or even the voice of the majority, I can't believe the amount of love Xia is getting on here and Twitter. 

He gambled with the entire idea and beig of Aston Villa. We could have gone under. 

Lerner was absolutely dreadful, but I'd buy him a beer in the Holte Hotel before I let Xia back in the city. A disgrace of an owner. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know we all hate xia right now but it sounds like he held out for the right people. 

People were saying the same things when randy sold out to Dr X.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

People were saying the same things when randy sold out to Dr X.

Very true.  But at least these people seem like real business men.

Edit: But you're  right. The championship is full of billionaire owners.  Doesn't mean that much but at least we're still solvent. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

I’m not sure what the truth is either as I read earlier that these were the guys Wyness was trying to line up initially and got the boot for it!

maybe,not informing Xia was the tricky bit.

I have no idea either.....all smoke and mirrors.....we will never know, who cares.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Although not known as the voice of reason, or even the voice of the majority, I can't believe the amount of love Xia is getting on here and Twitter. 

He gambled with the entire idea and beig of Aston Villa. We could have gone under. 

Lerner was absolutely dreadful, but I'd buy him a beer in the Holte Hotel before I let Xia back in the city. A disgrace of an owner. 

He did and there is no love for him.  I just wonder how much he got let down by his employees.  An owner doesn't get you in this kind of mess, his CEO and finance team do.  Same situation as Lerner although if there is truth about him deciding on managerial appointments then Mcliesh can never be forgiven. 

Â