Time for a takeover

Jareth

16 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Why the **** is everyone so happy? 

I'm really confused

Because they are so rich they must have time machines, meaning we can go back and offer Tonev a 12 year contract thus securing our future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

“As lifelong football fans, we are excited and privileged to have become part of this great Club. We believe that together we bring business and sports experience that will help strengthen the Club to ensure Aston Villa can return to its rightful place in the upper echelons of English football.

Become part - not own or control.    - starting to sound like a loan 

You are over thinking it, Hippo.

Let's just enjoy it for the moment, and assume a brighter future, until we know more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supermon said:

Maybe this is the first part of the two stage thing reported earlier. An actual takeover could take time and this was an interim measure to meet impending bills etc, hopefully Xia will be gone soon.

This.

Been in a meeting all afternoon.  This is a good thing to come out to.  

Puts a really different complexion to the next few weeks.  FFP is still hanging around like a bad smell, but hopefully with the addition of some football nous we'll be able to steer a more positive way through it now.

24 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Dave Jenkins on twitter saying unless Spuds cough up a minimum of 35m Jack stays

Since Palace have put a £70m price tag on Zaha Im not so sure how off putting that is!

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

My only concern with this deal is will one of these parters/owners be around to run the bloody club? Xia and Lerner both did not and I believe that is a main reason why we are where we are

Sawiris lives in London.

Â